Ecu reprogramming

win.walid

Hello..
Help please

I had on my 2.2 z22se vectra b a 62 Amh battery when I bought it.. the battery dead.. I disconnected it from the car for a night to buy a new one.. but had a look on the car guide I saw that the suitable battery is 66 Amh.. I bought one an connected it, but ... when I started the engine, it started strongly .. ok .. after 30 min driving I had on the dash board ABS light with TC light.. after diagnostic by a tool I had this.. see photo .. what should I do ??

Thanks for help

nnnnnnn 005.JPG

win.walid

Thanks..

But when we say ECU.. does that mean an ECU which is special for ABS system only..or the ECU of the car for all of the systems ?

Is there any relation between the troubles and the new 66 Amh battery?

Last edited:

vx-chris

Its a special ecu just for the abs mate and i cant see the battery causing the problem but i could and very well might be wrong on that. As Carl says check the connections first

win.walid

Thanks all,.. but today I had a new problem :(:(" a car with spanner " light appeared:banghead:..and a troubles with the transmission started..

Is there any relation between all of these problems(n)(n)..again all of these appeared after the battery replacement..when I replaced it, I disconnected the "negative" first and then the "positive".. when I placed the new battery I connected The "positive" and then the "negative"..is that good or not ??, is there a relation between the connection way and the troubles ???!!!o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Thanks for help
vectra b 001.JPG

win.walid

Hi all

I am still with same problem, I disconnected the new battery for a night .. after reconnecting, all of the light disappeared for a month then came back..

I cleaned the connections of the ABS ECU.. then reconnecting and connecting the battery.. the disappeared for some hours and again came back, but now while driving the lights of ABS/TC once ON, once OFF :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:, does that mean that the ecu is OK but again the connections?????

The light with the spanner is always ON, I have now U2104 code

Many thanks for advise

HarleyPete

That code comes up as this: U2104 CAN-BUS reset counter overrun C-05 not sure what it means though sorry. I wonder if it's a duff wheel sensor maybe?

HarleyPete

Someone will probably correct me but ABS/TC would use the wheel sensor to determine which system needs to be in use. Maybe a failing sensor is throwing up the issue and turning the light on and off. Thinking about it, my old Zafira did that on occasion when it lost traction. Is the light on all the time or just now and again?

win.walid

Thanks all

New tires NO, but I made a wheel balance recently, but the problem was existed before !

I appreciate all your thoughts but what is mad me is all of this happened after the new 66Amh battery fitted??!!, I am thinking about electrical current or voltage or even electrical shock for the ECU as a result of high current or voltage for a second..I checked the battery once again and every thing is ok