Ecu problem or something else ?

My car is a vx220..when i start up the engine the ecu light comes on showing the code 0601 which apparently is a checksum errorcode. Got local vauxhalls dealer to look at it..turns out the ecu has the most upto date software. They couldnt find anything elsewrong.when the ecu is on I have no accelerator until the engine warms up enough then i can cancel it and drive.when the weatheris cold it can take 10-15 minutes before the ecu light stays of after cancelling it with my OBD reader. In warm weather the ecu light is only on for short periods. Like 2-3 mins..so cold affects it more so not sure how its an ecu issue.recently had the plugs changed and afterwards no ecu light onfor the next week.then sudenly back on one day ? and has been ever since.this s**t has been going on 3 yrs.had it in 3 garges and an auto electrician..all useless

vocky

Staff
sounds to me like the vx220 'loom of doom' problem.

Basically behind the coolant tank is a pair of plugs, one black and one blue. The black plug has the throttle pedal wiring, you need to open this connection and spray some contact cleaner inside.

The two other causes of no throttle are; ECU plugs need the same treatment or the throttle pedal plug needs the same treatment.

Worst case is the ECU plug has corroded pins and you will need another ECU/ Transponder / key chips