ECEC and fans problem after carwash

Johnss

Hello.
Got a problem this week. Took my car (zafira 2002) to get body and engine washed.
When finished, drove out and noticed that "ecec" light started blinking and then stayed on. Now both fans are runing at full speed when I start engine. It keeps runing for couple minutes even after i shut of the engine.
Checked coolant temp sensor connection, it was a bit wet. Dried it of but no change.
Temp gauge seems to work correctly - incerases slowly when engine is warming up, and shows about 80-90C when driving.
Tried disconnecting battery for a night, no effect.
Checked coolant level - ok.
Maybe it's ECU problem, need error codes cleared after i dried sensor connector?
Any solutions or recommendations where to look for bad connection or water shorting?

p.s. sorry for grammar

Johnss

No David!
Where it's located and how to access it?

Edit: Found at looked at it, ground was ok.
However, took car to local mehanic, he found out there was problem in comunication between engine ECU amd cooling ECU. Checked out engine ECU connectors, one of them was filled with water, some of pins was turned green - obviously from water from previous washing. Cleaned pins and connector and now everything works fine. :)

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
No David!
Where it's located and how to access it?

Edit: Found at looked at it, ground was ok.
However, took car to local mehanic, he found out there was problem in comunication between engine ECU amd cooling ECU. Checked out engine ECU connectors, one of them was filled with water, some of pins was turned green - obviously from water from previous washing. Cleaned pins and connector and now everything works fine. :)
check to see if the orange seal in the ecu plug is split ive had to replace both mine now water gets in real easy when there split
also put a gob of vaseline on the ecu plug that will stop any further corrosion to the pins (after its dry of course :))
WP_20140822_12_11_18_Pro.jpg