Maintenance Downtime Tonight 18.04.2013

Matt

Administrator
I'm going to be breaking Apache on the server in an hour or 2.

I'm trying to upgrade to Apache 2.4, but there are some issues, and I need to get some information while we are running 2.4, so I need to install it, get the information, and roll back to Apache 2.2

The site will be broken and not working during this time.

Matt

Administrator
its not broken :)
I closed the board, but got what I needed pretty quick. There is an issue when I upgrade to Apache 2.4 with it not working correctly with various PHP applications, throwing errors relating to PCRE and the preg_match() function

Code:
preg_match(): Compilation failed: unknown option bit(s) set at offset -1

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
preg_match() in XenForo/Input.php at line 193
XenForo_Input::_doClean() in XenForo/Input.php at line 179
XenForo_Input->filterSingle() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 65
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in XenKingDir/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 19
XenKingDir_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/z22se/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

I've got a thread open on the cPanel support forum to see if they can help fix it.

Matt

Administrator
Had another hour trying to trouble shoot with this the people from cPanel, and it's still not working, so back to normal again on 2.2

Matt

Administrator
is it a php app on the forum index ?
No, basically, I was trying to upgrade Apache to 2.4

This works, but it's not working correctly with the PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) module. It's installed on the server, and works fine with Apache 2.2 When I update to 2.4, it's like it's linking to a different version.

Code:
Apache 2.4

pcre

PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) Support    enabled
PCRE Library Version    6.6 06-Feb-2006

Directive    Local Value    Master Value
pcre.backtrack_limit    1000000    1000000
pcre.recursion_limit    100000    100000

Configure Command    './configure' '--disable-fileinfo' '--disable-pdo' '--disable-phar' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-sockets' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-curlwrappers' '--with-gd' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/opt/pcre' '--with-pic' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--without-sqlite3'

Apache 2.2

pcre

PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) Support    enabled
PCRE Library Version    8.21 2011-12-12

Directive    Local Value    Master Value
pcre.backtrack_limit    1000000    1000000
pcre.recursion_limit    100000    100000

Configure Command    './configure' '--disable-fileinfo' '--disable-pdo' '--disable-phar' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-sockets' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-curlwrappers' '--with-gd' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/opt/pcre' '--with-pic' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--without-sqlite3'

We are currently running CentOS 5.9 as the server OS, so if I was to try this again (which I probably won't until 2.2 is EOL), I'd have the OS reloaded to CentOS 6.4 (or the latest 6.X release)

Matt

Administrator
Yeah, back on 2.2 now

Code:
Server Version: Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24
          OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.4.14

Server Built: Apr 19 2013 00:21:33

Current Time: Friday, 19-Apr-2013 01:02:49 BST
  Restart Time: Friday, 19-Apr-2013 00:28:47 BST
  Parent Server Generation: 1
  Server uptime: 34 minutes 2 seconds
  Total accesses: 5278 - Total Traffic: 21.6 MB