DIY wheel refurbishment

Looking good mate, the colour looks like it's matched the Irmscher i centre caps? Yellow callipers would look good IMO and a nice set of eibach -35's ;)
i think yellow will be to.loud for me, i think orange maybe, i havent seen the irmscher centre caps, any pictures? are they a standard fit etc?

i like gloss black but everyone who wants a quick cheap wheel refurb goes black (cos the paints cheap and easier to get)so i wanted a quality looking job on a shoe string budget so thought it either has to be standard silver but thats just gonna look standard or gunmetal so gunmetal it is. i think i may need to do the centre caps but because i had to glue the badges on cos there off an insignia i may have trouble.
Sorry Dave I meant the callipers and discs I would go Black or silver.

so got the second wheel finished, its just baking in the dining room, lent against the fire cover, the missis hasnt said anything either so she must be going soft.

i thought i had a run in the lacquer but i cant see it now its dry. so i think i was lucky.
wheel number 2.JPG

the masking tape left a sticky residue round the lip so that needs to come off. and i think its a little orange peely but not bad.

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
so got the second wheel finished, its just baking in the dining room, lent against the fire cover, the missis hasnt said anything either so she must be going soft.

i thought i had a run in the lacquer but i cant see it now its dry. so i think i was lucky. View attachment 49909
the masking tape left a sticky residue round the lip so that needs to come off. and i think its a little eggshelly but not bad.
you missed a bit :)
orange peel :) it will buff out with t-cut in 4-5days :)

they look s**t hot from about a ft away, hahahaha

just need abit of a t cut n polish n should be quite good i would say.

just got 2 more to do now but im.havin a brake for a few days with it as i have no finger prints in my right fingers, so gonna build some girders for my garage roof project. cheers