Disks and Pads

Matt

Administrator
Just been and fetched them from work. The fronts weight a frigging tone!

Fronts
2013-05-23 12.38.56.jpg
2013-05-23 12.39.13.jpg

Rears
2013-05-23 12.41.15.jpg
2013-05-23 12.41.57.jpg

Matt

Administrator
Just need the weather to sort itself out now. I've only got 4 days next week that I'm off work, and need to fit them on one of those days.

Matt

Administrator
Managed to catch a break in the weather, so have been able to get the fronts fitted (y)

2013-05-23 15.53.31.jpg
2013-05-23 15.53.49.jpg
2013-05-23 16.11.13.jpg
2013-05-23 16.36.55.jpg
2013-05-23 17.31.40.jpg2013-05-23 17.40.14.jpg

I forgot what a f**king pain it is trying to get the retaining clip back onto the front of the callipers!!! :mad:

Just need a few hours to fit the rears now

Matt

Administrator
hook one end in then grab the other end with pliers and strain till you burst a blood vessel :)
That's what I ended up doing. I remember now why when I painted the callipers the other year, I only removed one side, and painted around the other

Daz

Former Staff
I just use my fingers to hook that clip in now. Got it down to a fine art as I change pads all the time in work

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I just use my fingers to hook that clip in now. Got it down to a fine art as I change pads all the time in work

impossible who are you THE HULK lol :)

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Its easy.

mine were a nightmare they were brand new springs and on a fresh painted caliper that was still soft would've been easy if it was just a s**tty unpainted one but trying to fit without damaging the paint was the problem :)

Daz

Former Staff
mine were a nightmare they were brand new springs and on a fresh painted caliper that was still soft would've been easy if it was just a s**tty unpainted one but trying to fit without damaging the paint was the problem :)
Now u didn't mention that detail did you.

Matt

Administrator
I've f**ked the paint up on mine as well. Couldn't be helped :(

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader

I struggled for 10 mins to get that one mine, my friend comes over, clip clip done... WTF

Matt

Administrator
Just spent an hour trying to get the rear disc off the hub :mad:

Had to give up and put it back on, so I'm going to take it to my local garage who will fit them for me for £40 next Tuesday