Destroy all balance shafts!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
One fine job of that mr. No posh lathe here either and a fellow late night fettler :)
just keep a cup of cold water handy they get hot quick :)
engine pulls so much after 3k now can quite easlly change a 4k and keep the acceleration smooth thru the gear changes going to try and get billet pulley and lightened flywheel then get the crank done to zero

fone

Ha yeah taa for the heads up on burnt fingers.
Flywheel im looking into getting too. Buy,not machine ive been told?!
Port pollish on the head im going to try aswell :)
Cant wait to feel the difference!
Whats this crank done zero? Ordering rings and bearings/shell and crank

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Ha yeah taa for the heads up on burnt fingers.
Flywheel im looking into getting too. Buy,not machine ive been told?!
Port pollish on the head im going to try aswell :)
Cant wait to feel the difference!
Whats this crank done zero? Ordering rings and bearings/shell and crank
im still looking on the flywheel there so dear as a single item
got these to help with the head porting :)
WP_000372.jpg

its just balancing the crank to 0 you know like you wheel needs balancing to run tru they do the same for cranks then add the fly wheel and other parts and balnace them all as one so they run smooth then you can get the pistons and rods done to so they all weigh the same

fone

Holy smokes Now thats the way like!
How much them porting tools cost ya mate? Woth doing yourself or get them to doit with a reface?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
they fell in my bag at work :)
theres some on ebay but not long reach there really ment for mass removal then it would need tidying with sanding heads for the polishing part of the ports
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4pc-Tungs...m-Head-Diameter-2372-/390409142829#vi-content

i will be doing it myself been revising on the subject for the last few weeks i will be taking the hole engine to bits at the end of july in my 2 week holiday so lots of planning and work ahead :)

im not sure the cost of getting it done but if its reasnable then cant see why not to get it done
i also need to find somewhere local to get the head skimmed

heres the email from the people about the crank work
Hello Carl
All medium size 4 cyl crank units are £70 for the crank/flywheel/clutch/front pulley plus £30 for the rods and pistons, making £100 in all.

All prices subject to VAT at 20%

Each component ie flywheel/clutch/front pulley is added to the crank and individually balanced so that each component is balanced in it's own right.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards
Trevor
http://www.andrewsprecision.co.uk/

fone

spot on price,realy surprised for all that work,and will have to how far they are our or check prices at 1 of me locals :)
Been revising on the porting myself,and a tad worried i'll mess it up?Have to ponder the cost of polishing mops and rasps against getting them to doit?!
Your hollidays sound mint,can i come?! :D

fone

Those on ebay are realy short,am i right thinking the trusty dremel could doit? Got mops and everything for that,due to throttle bod mod :)