December 2006 Car of The Month - philip1

Matt

Administrator
Wow thanks to everyone who voted. Andy your motor is awesome.

I bought Lord Vader August 8th 2004 my first brand new car, Paid too much too. When I decided upon him basically I went in wanting a nice estate that had room for my junk. The nice sales lady said its being brought around. When they rolled him up all I could say is “Lord Vader your vehicle is ready.” and the name was born.

Now for what I've done to the car to be honest not much.
I have installed Intrax 38mm lowering springs
acdn.z22se.com_userpix_2_image_1_1.jpg

I have fully modified the air box I removed the air horn, added two 3inch air feeds, and changed the inlet pipe for better flow.
acdn.z22se.com_userpix_2_image_2_1.jpg

On the exhaust side I Changed the factory manifold out in favor of a free flowing one from a supercharged Chevy Cobalt followed by a 2.25inch exhaust ending with a Magnaflow muffler.
That pretty much sums up the performance side of my estate.

The curb appeal has been enhanced with a rear lip spoiler, blacked out grille, Blacked out headlights and front spoiler.
acdn.z22se.com_userpix_2_image_3_1.jpg

Inside the car for my entertainment I have basically Standard equipment with the addition of an iPod adapter for the stereo.

I race this estate in autocross events similar to gymkhana or slalom racing. I am pleased with the performance of the car it is comfortable and handles exceptionally well.

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_2_LV_1.jpg

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
Yep, well done Philip, nice to see a foreign car with the 2.2 engine in it. Looks great, and from the video you posted, looks to handle really well. :D