Dbilas sports cat and downpipe

Andy Lucas

Hi I know there is a 100 threads about downpipe size but just want to get some personal advice.

The engine is standard apart from veccy C pipe with K&N, egr blocked and a Chris Tullett manifold.

I haven't drilled out the pre cat and want to get a sports cat so thought it would be easier to buy a new downpipe done already.

I have seen this dbilas downipe http://www.dbilas-shop.com/Products...lytic-converter-Opel-Astra-G-Z22SE::7319.html

The downpipe is 2.5" do you think it will be to big for a standard car even with 2" cat back? and what is the quality of dbilas like.

Any advice would be appreciated cheers

z22se-fan

I have that unit on my supercharged Astra for more than a year now. Very good quality. You will need an adapter to connect to your 2" catback system though.

Andy Lucas

A GSi downpipe is different though isn't it?

Has anyone had a 2.5" downpipe to 2" cat back?

It looks the easiest option but don't want it to be gutless bottom end as some have said

MikeS

Former Staff
interesting, it has to line up with the exhaust heat shields though so I cant see how it would be different

Andy Lucas

Yes that's what I hope but I just noticed it bends the wrong way to what I remember seeing and its for an Opel Astra which got me worried..

vocky

Staff
2.5" is a perfect size for the manifold - catalytic convertor section, so should be good and well worth fitting :)