Day 1

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Day one of my Vectra 2.2 project. I removed a dash from an old damaged car and removed my fire damaged dash ready to sort out some wiring :? :LOL: . It's looking like I might need a full harness :roll: . It also looks like the fire was caused by his old system they had fitted. It was an Alpine head unit with some poor fitting to the main plug :roll:

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_3_Picture_001_1.jpg

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_3_Picture_003_2.jpg

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_3_Picture_005_2.jpg

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_3_Picture_007_2.jpg

Mark Dj

Former Staff
It's mint mate, no body damage :). Well the bumper has a few parts missing from it, but it's not damaged

vocky

Staff
very nice drool.gif

I bet it smells a little inside :LOL:

ps: you will need a 2000> facelift sri dash loom, due to the trip computer etc

Mark Dj

Former Staff
So do you think a 2.0 one will do or a V6 one? It's just the Ecu side I am not sure on. I can get a 2001 2.2 loom but for £150 lol. My mate also has a crashed 2.2 Vectra thats getting a diesel engine into it, as they have sold the engine so I might be able to get that harness. I will have to do a deal where I fit the diesel harness into the car and remove the dash.

vocky

Staff
hadn't thought of the ecu, the 2.2 ecu is on the engine so the 2.0 loom will not be any good :(

you would be better off getting a 2.2 loom :)

a bit harder to find dunno..

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I can get one for £150. My mate has one I might be able to get for free, just some of my work skills should secure it

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Is that not part of the full loom I would be getting Vocky? I can get the lot if my mate lets me, I would have to fit a diesel loom into the 2.2 Vectra at my mates yard instead, as he's dropping a diesel into a crashed 2.2 Vectra. It's in good Nick Matt, engine looks like it's only a low mile one :)

vocky

Staff
there are quite a few different looms in a vec B.

the engine loom - each engine type has it's own

the engine bay loom - fogs, no fogs, xenons, air con, climate control

the dash loom - trip computer, climate control, aircon, heated seats

the rear loom - electric rear windows or not

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Cool, it would be nice if I could get it done with out taking loads of it out. I did a V6 loom once. I had a fire damaged Vectra 1.8 engine in a W reg Sri, and I put an engine from an S reg Vectra V6 into the W reg car including the full loom fuse box, Ecu with it the lot.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I have just been outside for al ook at the harness and the one under the glove box is not connected up the the main one with the fuse box on it. Looks like I need two parts......