Dashboard loom

5M1THY

Right as you may know I've been having problems with my headlights not working properly,

also my obd socket has the live taken out so I decided to start having a Ganda abit deeper than just the back of the headlights.

Here's what I found in pictures..

Firstly most of the fuses are wrong image.jpg
More worryingly the two headlight fuses are melted
image.jpg

This i know is a coupe loom but the abs pump is wrong for it to have tc so the button does nothing
image.jpg
This takes a live from the cig lighter then the blue wire goes to the lamba sensor
image.jpg

There's other things I'll add as soon as I can but if i were to change the entire interior loom and basically start again firstly does anyone have access to a diagram of a 2.2 loom and also a 1.6 petrol loom? Secondly I need to source a new loom but does that mean a straight swap or will I need new ecu and keys etc? I'm going to do it either way it my van :) but I'm not rich lol

milo

I say take it back to carl to sort out lol. Then less stress if you get stuck or leave is and just buy a disco ball to hang in front of your strobe headlights. I'm sure in one of carls mega project thread he stripped out his interior to wire in the climate control loom?? I wouldn't know where to start smithy if i was u :confused:

5M1THY

Lol tbh I'm not that worried about it at the end of the day It isn't to much of a job if need be to change the ecu and all the looms which I will do one day but before I change it I want to work out what's what.
In the meantime I did away with having full beam and used that circuit for my low beam so I have fully working low beam and a bright blue light on the dash p**sing me off haha

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
turbo chris has a 2.2 in for braking why not give him a call for the dash loom :)

by fitting the full loom set dash and engine bay from a 2.2 the car would be set up like a 2.2 wiring wise

i would still go with fitting a different dash loom that will fix the broken links in the system

if you wanted you can get a loom then bring it to me and i will fit it for you :)

5M1THY

Nice I'll get in touch with him :)

My worry with the looms is that the immobiliser is disabled somehow and there's the 1.6 ignition barrel stashed behind the dash which must be something to do with it..
If the looms are changed then will it bring the immobiler back on and no start? There's no chip in the key also.

What I don't want to do is start changing the dash loom and not having the rest if it goes wrong lol

5M1THY

I do want it properly done oem I've removed the remains of something that's been plugged in the a pillar as it wasn't connected to anything anymore but it's a complete mess

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
with the immobiliser you would need a code for the ecu so you could reprogram your key chip to the immobiliser ring and make it a single system and not 2 combined
or just move the chip from the 1.6 key to yours and try it then you would not need to have the 2nd barrel unless theres a 2nd immobiliser ring to ?

5M1THY

I'll need to take the instrument panel out to take a picture but there's the 1.6 barrel with the key in but no remote locking bit and it cable tied so it's in the ignition on position.

My key has no chip in it so surely I would need the whole ecu set for it to work without the 1.6 key being there then?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
all the astras have the same alarm system the same chip in key immobiliser
yours van must be jimmy rigged to run
to make it work like any other 2.2 you would need the key pass for the ecu so you could add a chip to your key then program that key to the immobilizer ring thru the alarm unit
a 2nd ecu with chips and imb ring would work also :) then just plug it in to the standard loom you are fitting

5M1THY

Is there anyway of getting the keypass for my ecu or would I need another one?
I would rather it be exactly how it's meant to be as i want to sort traction control and other bits in the future so it needs to be good

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
vauxhall can get it but charge a set fee
unless you buy a 2nd hand ecu/chip/imb ring that comes with the keypass

theres not much difference in the dash looms from the ones ive seen all plug and play but would be better to get the 2.2 loom for easier fitment

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
loom locations sort of it gave me some advice when doing the CC
-->here<--

go back some pages for the full wire layout

Last edited:

5M1THY

Will they need to plug it in to do that do you know?

I'll have to have a look round I might try and find a whole new set and looms and start from scratch I'll have a load of spare plugs for any future things lol

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
Opel Immo doesnt read the pins for the immobilser on the G's

If you wait a few weeks then I will be able to though.