Crazy car doesnt want fixing, Help plzzz

Nellyboylee

• Thanks for a bit more info Kevin, im a bit lost when it comes to the inside of the engine although I know how things work and learn really easily, I will go and check those things now and report back my findings, much appreciated...
  • Hi Graham wow how very kind, you may know a chap called Steve Cooney who suspected the chains too, he had his scanner on the car, although he is busy for about a month before he could get to the job, Hopefully I can be some help to you to should you need,

Yes I know steve.

I can fully recommend Evocarlos doing them mate you have only got to look at the forum to see how many people he has helped full of knowledge and also in demand Top bloke hope he can Help you out.

Nellyboylee

• Hello again Kevin, everything seems to look in order, ive looked down both sides of the chain and it looks like the tensioners are in place, I have a few pics of the followers and in my humble opinion they look ok...
    20150228_173155.jpg
    20150228_173155.jpg
    20150228_173238.jpg
    20150228_173341.jpg
    20150228_173155.jpg
    20150228_173238.jpg
    20150228_173341.jpg

Nellyboylee

• Hi Graham thanks again, yes im hoping Evocarlos can do the job, and its true about his reputation on here which makes me comfortable knowing its in the hands of a pro,...looks like im going to be cruising on my sons 50cc for a while...thank god I have to wear a helmet.. ha.

Nellyboylee

• Hi Kevin, no after turning the car off I removed the rocker cover, never touched anything, gave it a good coat of looking at, scratched my head and almost cried and only took pics...

Dave Gilbert

Theres some deap gouges under the top guide thingy between the cam sprockets, id say that chain really needs doing n not to drive it or start it.

and I can recommend evocarlos.

Nellyboylee

• Hi Dave, thanks for your advice and im just waiting for evocarlos to get back to me, like you say its not even getting the rocker cover fitted back on,
  • Im surprised it started and ran so well, it was really quiet and ive heard some noisy chains before, it just lost power when I put my foot down so hoping no damage has occurred.......

Nellyboylee

Yeah thanks Dave. Just waiting for Carlos to get back to me although I wont actually know until hes had his trained eye on it. im hoping he will come to me as im now fearful of using the car,

Nellyboylee

Oooh that looks nasty Evocarlos, Well im fine to wait until your ready, no rush (apart from the embarrassment of riding a 50cc scoot meanwhile) if that's ok, all im after is an idea of price assuming no damage has occurred, also do you want me to source the parts or do you organise them, Looking for both chains and accessories replacing, thanks in advance....

Nellyboylee

Hi All, Well im happy to report that my car has been in the careful hands of Carl (evocarlos) and he has saved it from certain death, Anyone finding or suspecting there chains to be faulty need to get Carl on the job, very meticulous and massively knowledgeable, upon removing the rocker cover he could see (with a very trained eye) that my timing was way out, turned out id completely lost the front guide and top bolt, After a few hours, lots of tea, cooked lunch.., met his lovely parents, he had my car purring like a cat again and back up to full power... So once again a massive THANK YOU to Carl and if your chain needs doing then forget taking it the garages and dealers.. he is the man.....

Attachments

• 20150314_142904.jpg
    20150314_142904.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 20150314_142909.jpg
    20150314_142909.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 20150314_174543.jpg
    20150314_174543.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 181

Dave Gilbert

Sump off job then?

Bad s**t but id look at it the other way, you didnt have to rebuild the head so thats a bonus.

Carls a top bloke and knows everything there is to k ow about z22 engines. N his parents are great but his mums sausage rolls are amazing.

Great to see another saved

Nellyboylee

Hi Dave, luckily Carl managed to retrieve the broken parts without removing the sump, He had to helicoil the top bolt and now the engine is sooooo quiet for 122k, Yeah his folks made me endless brew`s, cheese on toast and pizza etc... had a laugh and a good chat and yep he knows his stuff....