corsaZ22se

I been following this build for years. Really impressed! I prefer it now than when it was a 2.0 T going flat out down the autobahn heading to irmscher back in 2008!

so does steve ;) was a good car back then but its great now. the first uk z20let and the worlds first z22se corsa C :D

Its a 51 very late vectra b.
should have the f23 then, just ecu to get around. is your Vectra fly by wire or cable?

corsaZ22se

that's the change over time, but not sure if Vauxhall would have bothered with the better engine already out by then?
could fit a cable pedal if its that type any way?

corsaZ22se

been working on the car again, repairs, diff not working as atb, front wheel bearing upgrade, (n/s had begun to spin on the hub :eek:)
new front brakes, discs had started to crack :eek::oops: and new down pipe.
brembo's.jpg
Photo0328.jpg

new brake are so big the wheels don't fit :(
ordered these coming today so hope they fit??
productlarge_1220_600[1].jpg

corsaZ22se

corsa d vxr nurburg.
they fit but struggling to find tyres so standard 308's going back on with new disc's and pads for now.
could swap tyres but thinking of putting the old wheels on the other corsa for shows.

corsaZ22se

pulled engine out yesturday to fit astra 3.95:1 final drive just for a bit of fun and to see if the atb dif will help control it so i can get some power down?:confused:
going to rebuild old box with the 3.54:1 final drive and mix and match gears from a corsa van's set and a vectra b sri to get a tall top gear but better acceleration in lower gears.
reassemble it all today and try to sort long term wiring fault? :confused:
Image000.jpg
Image002.jpg
Image004.jpg
Image005.jpg
Image006.jpg

corsaZ22se

got the box back together and back in, then thought i would try and sort the wiring out, re route reverse switch wire like a factory f23 corsa c's down the back with abs wire not over the top of the box.
tidied up engine front loom while rads were out of the way.
and after 4.5 years of having faults codes come up after bulb check decided it was time to address this.
simple fix, added a third engine power supply relay :)
Photo0515.jpg
Photo0516.jpg
Photo0517.jpg
Photo0518.jpg
Photo0519.jpg
Photo0520.jpg

identiti66

Love this.... Kirsty still wants a 2.2 Corsa after seeing this (and I'm about to put my Saab wagon up for swap, see if anyone with a Corsa C wants it)..

corsaZ22se

they fit the saab lumps to all kind of vauxhalls.
i love the way the 2.2 goes in the corsa c.
even better now it doesn't have DTC P1516 every time i start up :D
even the n/a goes well with a little tune.

corsaZ22se

time for an update.
not much has happened apart from lots of fun driving her around.
down sized the audio kit to 1 sub and 1 5 channel amp.
now running a JL HD900/5 amp run as 3 channel, JL C5 front components and a JL 12" CP112-W0v3 sub. the sub will be swapped out for a 12" W6v3 D4 sub once i make a box for it.
fitted hydro dipped wiper arms.
Photo0545.jpg

still need to tidy wiring up but not sure how it's all going to fit with new box?

corsaZ22se

Had an ABS fault come up last night,
20170820_153956.jpg

read the code,
20170820_142159.jpg

checked and found the reluctor ring split. not bad for 17 year old parts though.
20170820_142456.jpg
replace the ring and all good. nice simple fix :)
20170820_143516.jpg