corsaZ22se

After owning a vectra B with this Z22se engine for 10years i thought its time to do something new and as loving the corsa's and being offered one without the engine or gearbox at a realy good price (swapped it for a triumph herald in need of restoration) it seemed to good to refuse. while i had the vectra several mods where made to the engine some of which where good some that i wish i never heard of! Its done 150k now but i did a full rebuild at 115k, rebore, new shells completely new top end, head, valves, springs, lifters, followers, chains, sprockets, shrick cams and springs and light head work on exhaust ports, coupled with a dbilas exhaust manifold, home made down pipe and 200cpi cat, pre cat removed, remus cat back system it made 170bhp at courteney sport.
now its in the corsa and using a lexmaul 2.5" system with a piper viper filter. Ive done all the work myself and have plans to tune the engine futher now its in the corsa! as you all know its a very tuneable lump be it n/a or supercharged or turbo'd, mid to high 200's is not a problem.

corsaZ22se

tried uploading photos but all i get is the red x in the box? im new to using computors, just a few months. cant find anywhere on here to browse my photo album? got a thread going on corsa sport with photos.

Last edited by a moderator:

corsaZ22se

awww.corsasport.co.uk_carimages_10178_516.jpg

awww.corsasport.co.uk_carimages_10178_photo0004.jpg

awww.corsasport.co.uk_carimages_10178_photo0005.jpg

awww.corsasport.co.uk_carimages_10178_photo0023.jpg

awww.corsasport.co.uk_carimages_10178_photo0022.jpg

corsaZ22se

awww.corsasport.co.uk_carimages_10178_photo0064.jpg

awww.corsasport.co.uk_carimages_10178_photo0037.jpg

awww.corsasport.co.uk_carimages_10178_photo0063.jpg

awww.corsasport.co.uk_carimages_10178_photo0065.jpg

awww.corsasport.co.uk_carimages_10178_photo0066.jpg

ive used quite a few of the vectras parts, r/h drive shaft, cv joints, front brakes with meriva carriers, recaro seats, radiator, cooling fan, rad hoses. the l/h drive shaft is from a corsa b 2l conversion, engine mounts are a mix of astra g and corsa c some with vibra flex rubbers from the vxr astra. as you can see the corsa had been left for scrap when i got it, 2 days of t cutting and polishing got it ready for pvs 2012. recently fitted the corsa d sxi 16" rims from one of my other corsa's. picked up a combo 1.7cdti f23 gearbox yesturday to get part of the casing and the higher ratio final drive as this car is not about speed so much as being a cruiser as if made by vauxhall. going to fit a quaiffe atb while its apart.

corsaZ22se

this will make some of you cry, its the vectra i scraped for the corsas engine. need loads of work and body was getting rough under the side skirts.
awww.corsasport.co.uk_carimages_10250_064.jpg

thanks for the complements. any of you who may know me for my corsa b X20xev SXi thats on jenvey throttle bodies.
awww.corsasport.co.uk_carimages_10177_655.jpg

MikeS

Former Staff
wot zaust manifold u got on the x20xev m8

corsa looks like a sleeper m8

love the vectra gsi seats !

corsaZ22se

the dials are custom made stainless steel one from metal monkeys, previous owner had them made. they are availble for most cars. yes its a piper viper kit, had it left over from the corsa b and it fitted nice in this one. ment to be one of the best filters when its been reviewed in tests.

Sjdickso

Staff
the dials are custom made stainless steel one from metal monkeys, previous owner had them made. they are availble for most cars. yes its a piper viper kit, had it left over from the corsa b and it fitted nice in this one. ment to be one of the best filters when its been reviewed in tests.

Forgot to say Nice filter (y) same thats in my MK4 astra, you dont see many Z22Se owners with Vipers.

corsaZ22se

the viper hasnt given any power gain over the k&n panel filter in a derestricted air box in the vec b. may have to change it when i tune it some more?