corsaZ22se

as it used to be LMF's show car some of you may remember that it was covered in graphics so the paint has faded and no amount of polishing will get it back like new. :(
the metal work always fades worse with flame pink so i plan on a complete respray to a differant colour red once the rest of the car is done. (y)

Sjdickso

Staff
as it used to be LMF's show car some of you may remember that it was covered in graphics so the paint has faded and no amount of polishing will get it back like new. :(
the metal work always fades worse with flame pink so i plan on a complete respray to a differant colour red once the rest of the car is done. (y)

That's a shame, are you sure it couldn't be reduced even with a good detailing session? I did a Van side once that had been stickered up for years and got it back to a decent state.

What colour red are you thinking?

corsaZ22se

paints to thin to polish it out. even if it did come up like new its still going to fade to pink again. only got this car because it was so cheep.
thinking of a metalic red of some kind? still to find the right one. the astra gtc that done the rounds in the cabinit in 2011 was good. not sure what its called though as its not on sale in uk yet. :(

Sjdickso

Staff
What about a candy red?

image.jpg

corsaZ22se

thats along the lines of what im after only a little lighter shade. going to be a few years off yet though as i want to get rhe rest of the car done and leave the paint till last.

corsaZ22se

stripped the corsa out ready for fitting the sound system, fitted 35 sheets of sound deadening. done roof, boot floor, under rear seats, both outer rear quater panels. not bad for an afternoons work. got to have it done by 17th march for the fast show.
IMAG0170.jpg
IMAG0171.jpg
IMAG0172.jpg
IMAG0176.jpg
IMAG0173.jpg

corsaZ22se

nothing like abit of pressure when your working!(y)
still got 45 more sheets to fit, then do the wiring, fit the front speakers, cross overs, amps, subs, power caps, second battery, refit interior, test it all, set up the levels and gains. oh yeah got to wash and polish both cars ready for the 17th. :)
if i get time i may fit the new front grill, splitter and boot spoiler.
only ever done service work on novas. fitted many sound systems to all kinds of cars. this size system is about 3-4 days work on a small car.

corsaZ22se

been busy on the corsa again today, finished the sound deadening, just had enough to do it! had to go and get some sound abbsorber for behind the door speakers. still on target to get it finished by monday lunch time! :)
IMAG0177.jpg
IMAG0178.jpg
IMAG0180.jpg
IMAG0181.jpg
IMAG0182.jpg
IMAG0183.jpg
Photo0120.jpg

Matt

Administrator
Nice work on the sound deadening. Something I've always wanted to do on mine. I did it on my old 106, but that was all done with flashing tape, as it was cheap and I didn't know better!

DSCN1392.JPGDSCN1393.JPGDSCN1394.JPGDSCN1413.JPGDSCN1414.JPG

corsaZ22se

all that tape must have doubled th wieght of a 106? :LOL:
it makes a huge differance to sound quality inside the car. i havent gone made here could have used more and fitted brace bars etc but its already much quieter than when it had all the trim in! added about 30kgs so far, i'll try and get het on a wiegh bridge when sound system is in.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
flash banding is the best type of sound deadening its cheaper and denser and thinner than the ££ proper stuff i stopped using the proper stuff and went to flash banding much easyer to work with heat gun and a rag
hole back end done 12kg :)