Corsa C Z22SE fitting Guide

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
yes the z22se ecu has can bus but only one twisted pair for torque request to the abs pump so it can use the wheel sensors for traction control all dash functions are pwm and ground switching on the astra :)

you can add the excel file just upload it as a pic with the upload file button >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
:)
nice write up so far i guess you have time to write it up now you cant run away from the laptop hehe get well soon bud

Last edited:

corsaZ22se

what format do i need to save it as to upload as a picture then?
too big to screen shot it.
its done on excel 2010.
corsa C use's canbus for dash functions so its lucky the z22se ECU supports this :) even when running VX220 software on the ECU the pin outs are the same pins even though the VX220 does not use these 2 pins. :)
i cant wait to be walking again and driving the Corsa's how i miss them :cry::cry::cry:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
OK looks like it's not supported as an upload type you could try importing it to Google sheets then put the share link up
The AEM has can bus but the protocol is far beyond my knolage :s

corsaZ22se

thanks to who ever put the parts list in the first post (y)
what do you think of the pin out screen shot on post 16? taken from a word document.
not going to be easy to do the swapping pin outs so everyone understands them but i will try over the next few weeks :)

corsaZ22se

2004 corsa C Z18XE ECU pin out.
z18xe 2004 pinout1.PNG
z18xe 2004 pin out 2.PNG
z18xe 2004 pin out 3.PNG

corsaZ22se

This may sound a silly question but would this work for a corsa b? Same mounts and shafts etc??
Awesome guide though pal

in a word no. :(
Corsa B has a smaller bay in terms of height top to bottom so you need a big bulge in the bonnet to make it fit.
has been done for a rally car with SC fitted. also all mounts need to be custom made and you need Vectra B F23 with front L/H mount locations.
drive shafts would all need to be shorter too.
the one i saw was a white one, was in Total Vauxhall mag years ago now.
keep us updated if you do build a Corsa B Z22SE (y)

corsaZ22se

2001 Vectra B Z22SE ECU to body plug X69
vectra B part1.PNG
vectra B part2.PNG
vectra B part3.PNG

from this we can see that for a lot of functions are the same pin out on both Vectra B and the VX220.
i could not find and info on the very early Vectra B Z22SE which did have some small differences in it's wiring. one being the power supply to the fuel pump and injectors had 2 relays. i know this because mine was a very early model and had the 2 relays.
this needs to be noted as if you only use 1 power supply on a Corsa it will put it in to limp mode due to a power spike and drop in voltage.

corsaZ22se

2002 Astra G Z22SE X77 ECU to body pin out
astra g pin out 1.PNG
astra g pin out 2.PNG
astra g pin out 3.PNG

again we can see a lot of the pin outs are the same between different model cars with the Z22SE just wire colours that change.
with the Astra G it uses a separate cooling control module for the AC models to switch the various relays so if you decide to use an ECU from the Astra you will also need to connect in the cooling module if you want to run AC.
looking at the pin outs it would seem with no AC the ECU can switch the cooling fans as with the VX220 and Vectra B.

corsaZ22se

Relays
earth switching and live switching.
some of the relays will need to be swapped from earth to live switching as the Z22SE ECU use's live feed out to relay for fuel pump.
this is done by cutting the small live feed to either pin 85 or 86 on the relay which would have been joined to pin 30 in the case of an earth switched relay then join this to the switching supply from the ECU.
the earth wire will then need to be connected to a good earth point either on front left Chassis leg or in the joint in fuse box.
relays.PNG

K16 relay above is live switch where as the K18 relay is earth switched.

corsaZ22se

just noticed a line missing from the Z12XE pin out.
second page should have pin 57 Black/Yellow stop lamp switch pin 2.
see below.
z12xe pin out 2.PNG

corsaZ22se

engine to body plugs.
there are 2 type's of 6 pin plugs that i have come across on the Corsa, Vectra B and Astra G.
i use these to carry the wires for engine power, oil pressure switch/lamp, alternator and starter triggers. it keeps the engine bat tidy and make removing the engine for repairs or tuning a lot easier.
here are the 2 types of plug.
body to engine plug female.PNG
body to engine plug male.PNG
z18 engine to body plug female.PNG
z18 engine to body plug male.PNG

corsaZ22se

wiring of Z12XE to Z22SE from Vectra B.
z12xe to z22se part 1.PNG
z12xe to z22se part2.PNG

on the X39 plug you can see you need to divide the power to the injectors and coil as the Corsa has smaller wire size than the Vectra B you will get voltage drops if you don't do this. it takes feeds from 2 relays in stead of just 1.
pin No is as spare because this part is up to you as to which pins you use so long as you use the same pin on each side of the plug.
this part is the same which ever ECU or Corsa you have.
if you go supercharged you can use the remaining spare pin for the power to the coolant pump to tidy that up to.

corsaZ22se

Corsa C Z18XE to VX220 Z22SE
pins are all the same on Z22SE.
chance's of finding a VX220 in the breakers is slim but the software can be put on to any of the other Z22SE ECU's.
as you can see its a lot more simple with less functions. just those needed to make engine run.
z18xe to z22se vx220 part1.PNG
z18xe to z22se vx220 part 2.PNG

in a word no. :(
Corsa B has a smaller bay in terms of height top to bottom so you need a big bulge in the bonnet to make it fit.
has been done for a rally car with SC fitted. also all mounts need to be custom made and you need Vectra B F23 with front L/H mount locations.
drive shafts would all need to be shorter too.
the one i saw was a white one, was in Total Vauxhall mag years ago now.
keep us updated if you do build a Corsa B Z22SE (y)
Sorry for the late reply pal, I've ditched the corsa b as way to much needed doing in order to get that size engine in it! I'm onto the corsa c now so hopefully all goes to plan

I love an auto! Hope it goes to plan for you pal! I just can't wait to get mine done however I'm struggling to get the parts as I'm not really clued up on this kind of stuff