Completed a few things that were bugging me!

Maverick

A little bit more work done this afternoon thanks to a good friend Darren.

New Exhaust Tailpipe

Ever since I fitted the standard Turbo exhaust system a few months back, I hated the standard tailpipe, it look awfull and cheap and it just didn't sit right!

As you can see!

aimg526.imageshack.us_img526_9533_79445242.jpg

So Darren arrived in his 174000 mile Astra Van Sportive and set to work!

aimg405.imageshack.us_img405_2066_39101935.jpg

aimg831.imageshack.us_img831_8487_35930343.jpg

For me, the new tail pipe had to look factory and not after market. This didnt leave many options, so Darren came up with the idea of using one of the tailpipes from his Signum 2.0T which was not being used as he has the Irmscher set up.

This is the same design as the Astra H SRi, so I thought this could look really good.

The result is very good, and it you look at where it is attached to the silencer, you could be mistaken for thinking this original, a very neat and tidy welding job!

aimg808.imageshack.us_img808_9868_85435966.jpg

aimg140.imageshack.us_img140_9193_11062320.jpg

aimg844.imageshack.us_img844_8237_13695513.jpg

I think this suits the car very well and looks like it should be there, and not at all over the top.
Suspension Raising and Headlamp Self Level Upgrade.

I have for a while thought the suspension was too low at the back, and I am too old for the 'slammed' look. But the standard spring is too high.

So Darren made me two spacer plates to place beneath the spring seat on the rear beam, along with new rubber spring bases.

This has bought the rear up by 6mm including the new rubbers, as the old ones were knackered.
Looks much better I think!

I also fitted the headlight self levelling unit and plugged it in. The plug was there so all the rear end part of this system is complete.

I have just got to modify the wiring behind the headlamp switch to make the system fully operational.

The Self Levelling unit and rear beam bracket.

aimg826.imageshack.us_img826_9950_22414761.jpg

You can now see this fitted and the spacer plate located under the spring seat.

aimg833.imageshack.us_img833_8422_50824684.jpg

This is how she sits now, still lowered but not slammed. Doesnt look so much like it's dragging it's arse!

aimg715.imageshack.us_img715_4759_84660683.jpg

So thats today's jobs done!

pottsey

that is one very very mint car mate ,its a real credit to you and the new tailpipe looks so much better(y)

Maverick

I have decided now that I am going to remove the white line rear ARB. It just doesnt look right on a convertible. Also it never gets driven hard enough to make the most of it.

Matt

Administrator
Excellent wor as always Matt. Could you paint the RARB to make it look a little more "factory"? I'm going to paint mine black over the summer so it doesn't stand out as much.

Maverick

Arb is off now, although it improve the handling, it was wasted on the convertible and I hated the way it hung down.

But it does drive a lot smoother under normal conditions now!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
hey mav
can you go into detail about the modification of the rear headlight switch
ive just ordered the leveler and bracket
the plug is there under the car but is there much else to do for it all to work ??