Coilovers

Porky

Hi

I have some jom coilovers to fit next week to my vectra c 2.2 direct. I am wondering if i still need the droplinks as surely the car would be more stiffer anyhow. Ive heard people run cars without them when fitting coilovers. Help please / advise

Thankyou

dewismotorsport

The drop links control the anti roll bar which helps prevent roll in a corner. I'd highly recommend keeping them fitted. Luckily the JOM coilers use standard length drop links so you can retain the standard ones. There not a lot of money so I'd personally replace them while you have the old no doubt worn ones off. Use either GM ones, Delphi or QH as the cheap ones aren't anywhere near as good.

dewismotorsport

The drop links control the anti roll bar which helps prevent roll in a corner. I'd highly recommend keeping them fitted. Luckily the JOM coilers use standard length drop links so you can retain the standard ones. There not a lot of money so I'd personally replace them while you have the old no doubt worn ones off. Use either GM ones, Delphi or QH as the cheap ones aren't anywhere near as good.

Mrvandango

I once lowered an mg zt on coilovers and ran it for a couple of weeks without them while waiting for and then fitting shorter links, and noticed zero difference in how the car felt. That being said, I wouldn't want to run permanently without them. I had to tie the arb up out of the way and it just felt like such a bodge!