clutch

colin002

my zafira has got a really soft clutch pedal ... can operate it with one finger .. i bleed the clutch with same result
the clutch still bites middle lift from floor engages gears easy and dosnt slip ..

any ideas .. as i know the box is a pain to drop out the car with the crossmember in the way

but when driving at speed clutch seems to be like an on / off switch ..

i thought pressure plate .. but theres no problems changing gear and theres no clutch vibration

MikeS

Former Staff
hows are your brakes ?

you will know if the slave is leaking just look under the car and there is a drain hole for the bell housing

colin002

had for 2 years .. pedal was nice and firm until few months back .. i cant change the clutch to quick or end up with kangaroo petrol lol ..
so gotta treat it a little slower

colin002

hello again ...

from my last post .. my clutch is still holding out ..

i phoned vx today and got quoted £352 for clutch kit without the dual mass flywheel .. £58 for a 2 piece clutch of ebay with 2 years warrenty and £40 for the slave ...which is from a motor factor in london

is there anyway of beating the subframe removal on the zafira .

sdbutler10

Yup remove the bolts out of the gear box side on the sub fame and on the other side half remove them and let it hang pull the box back and sit it in the corner out of way gives u about 5 inches to work inside of the the box. On a ramp takes about 2hrs tops!