Clutch Question

petescim

My Vectra B 2.2 came to me through family, just before I got it, it went into a garage because gears could not be engaged, they put clutch kit on bill and car has done 40000 since, but when I got car soon after this it had pressure/friction plates and realese bareing in a box, does the slave come with this kit, and do we think that this means the clowns only fitted the slave and left the rest in the box?

Matt

Administrator
Most clutch kits I've seen for sale usually come with the pressure plate included. So are you saying you've found a box with a pressure plate in it?

Daz

Former Staff
Unless its an luk kit, as they do one now with pressure plate , friction plate and concentric slave... but as to why they would just fit the slave and not the rest if the kit i mention is the case is beyond me..

petescim

Thanks guys its beyond me too, clutch showing signs of close to end of life, looks like I will have all except slave in box, will most probably change slave again as well, if not will be as bad as them who ever they were, just gone through 92000 on original chain all as quiet as a mouse, also down pipe welded twice and flexi worn, be interesting to see how she fairs on MOT in march, much to good a car to scrap even if all of the above need doing this year given thatI was given the car so it doesnt owe me much and we have had a lot out of it, and Ive actually got a soft spot for the old thing now. puos she has had 5-6000 mile oil and filter since 48000. Matt sorry did not reply before, the box had friction and pressure plate and relese bearing, today Ive just re-read the small print on the box and it warns that the slave is a seperate item, since all they needed to do was replace the slave i'm even more confused now. Lastly if this exhaust does not get MOT is there a good sauce of 2nd hand out there somewhere, Ive looked at ebay not much there. Sorry for the ramble but hope to get a year or so more from this car whilst saving hard for a replacement.