clutch problem

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
brake creep is normal apparently never noticed it before but both my coupes do it

oh right, now dont know what do, was goin change master cylinder over weekend, but it would be a waste of time if it slave cylinder, but thats a garage job because it inside gearbox isnt it, is there any way of checking to find out whats at fault

corsaZ22se

brake creep??? the pedal will drop when engine is running due to the brake servo, this is ment to happen if it doesn't then you have a problem.
if the pedal drops/creeps with engine off and after several pumps of the pedal then you have a problem too.
as for the clutch fault, make sure you have fluid to master cylinder, remove pipe, then on cylinder outlet, remove pipe again, not sure if your car has it but some have a check valve in clutch circuit, follow oil lines from master cylinder and check fluid comes from every joint when open and pedal pressed down. if no fluid then master cylinder is shot.

wouldnt my fluid go down, because not noticed it moving, what if i cant see any drops or leaks, dont want spend un nessoray money if can isolate the problem

oh rite, no pedal moves because ov servo but when foot kept on ar lights it starts creapin to the floor or near anough, as for clutch, ive taken pipes off and no fluid where it comes out car off pedal, no fluid before nipple, even spent 1hr pumpin pedal and openin nipple and no fluid come out, resoviour didnt even move so am i looking at master cylinder or slave cylinder, why cant cars be simple lol

corsaZ22se

engine off to bleed / check clutch.
you do have some one pushing the pedal while you are bleeding? sorry if that's a dumb question.
sounds like master cylinder if no fluid coming from it.

it ok any help welcome, need figure out whats gone so can fix it, yeah some1 pushing pedal, no fluid, spent about hr pumping pedal and openin nipple and still no fluid coming out. was thinking master cylinder but some said slave cylinder so was little torn into which 1 it could be

corsaZ22se

if theres no fluid coming out and pedal does not pump up at all then master cylinder would be my first call. much cheeper and simpler than slave cylinder.

yeah, no fluid comes out nipple, and pedal still no pressure, even tryed pressure kit and still no joy , even thought i was doing wrong so ask few garages and they said i was doing what they would do

ok may sound but dumb but is brake master cylinder and clutch master cylinder 2 different parts, if so which master cylinder would be faulty, please need help