Clark’s GT3 Studio Photography

P

Polished Bliss

Having wed last summer and with the patter of tiny feet now increasingly likely, Clark recently did the only sensible thing possible; he sold his Impreza WR1 (into which child seats will easily fit) and bought a 911 (996) GT3 Club Sport (into which they most certainly will not)! All joking aside, it was very much a ‘now or never’ decision, and it has fulfilled his lifelong ambition of owning a 911 (true statement; his first ever ride in a car, shortly after being born, was in the back of father’s 911, and he’s wanted one from as far back as he can remember). Clark being Clark, he obviously took great care with the selection process, and after a few false starts he was contacted by a guy down south whose highly pampered 996 GT3 Club Sport was potentially available. It wasn’t in Speed Yellow or Guard’s Red (Clark’s preferred colours), but after receiving full details about the car and sending a much respected professional detailer (Rob at Supercar Detailing) round to inspect it (the seller was based 500+ miles away!) a deal was done – the car was just too good to miss! Its brief specification is as follows…
- Believed to be 1 of just 9 GT3s produced in Cobalt Blue
- Just over 11,000 miles on the clock
- Litronic headlights
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
- Climate control
- Full Porsche Service History (FPSH)
- RS air intake upgrade
- PARR fast road set up
After getting the car home (which involved dodging snowy weather, a flight to Gatwick and a long drive up the road) it was tucked away safely in our studio until the Christmas holidays, over which he then had the time to detail it fully. If you’d like to read up on the process in full, you can do so on this link (takes you to Detailing World). Once we returned to work in January I had a good look over it and decided that some studio photography was required to do justice to Clark’s hard work and the car itself; it’s an absolute weapon and a beauty to behold. I also think that the Cobalt Blue is an amazing colour that really shows off the curves to full effect. I really enjoyed making the images above and I hope you enjoy viewing them just as much!
Rich @ PB

Continue reading...