Chipex

Sjdickso

Staff
Well I saw this some time ago and forgot about it. A few people have mentioned recently how bad my front bumper has road rash, even more so after a fresh wash and wax. I havnt got the skill sets to paint it myself and don't want to go to a body shop at this moment in time.

I once filled and wet sanded the front bumper some years ago but I don't think I have that much to do the same again so I bite the bullet and bought the large Chipex kit.

I must admit from looking at the paint the colour match looks bang on and has lots a flake in it :)

I will report back once I have done it. Don't get me wrong I aint expecting a miracle but hoping for a improvement.

Kit as it arrived.

DSC_0639.jpg

Sjdickso

Staff
It is indeed for chips, my front bumper has real bad road rash. The idea is pretty much the same as touch up but I think the paint is different.

You touch up the area wipe with a solution that takes excess off the polish I did some searching and even detailing forums give it a good right up so thought I would give it ago.

Dave Gilbert

u will have to take pictures before, in process and after. my front bumper on my corsa is in a right mess. it could be worth a go if its not silly money.(y)

Sjdickso

Staff
I will do, doubt it will be this weekend though.

As for cost for the large kit it came delivered for just over £40 you can get smaller kits for less but I didn't want to buy twice.

Paints 4u do a similar kit for around £15 +p&p for medium size kit but most seem to use chipex so thought I would stick with what has been tested.