Cheap car for work?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
What is a decent car for me to buy for me travelling to work in? I no longer have a company van at my new job, so I am looking for something a little better to use than my Astra Turbo. I was thinking maybe a Vectra 1.9 cdti diesel? It takes me half an hour to get into work from my house everyday. Thanks for any advice. Oh, and what it like getting second car insurance, do they charge a lot for this? Thanks

ben8719

I used to use an old clapped out 306 1.4 for work, cost a few hundred quid with 80k on it and it ran forever with no servicing or any repairs. Clutch was slippng when i bought it and was still slipping when I got rid 40k later, even put diesel in it twice and it just kept going.

Sjdickso

Staff
As above, do you want spend out on a expensive run about?

Is this all you will use it for and what's your budget Mark?

So many factors to take I to account, but if its a cheap second car just for traveling to work what about MK4 Astra / Corsa ?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Looking at spending about £1500. It's only to use for travelling to work. I would prefer a Vauxhall but whatever is best. The Astra I have is costing me £70 a week so far in fuel

corsaZ22se

corsa b or astra g, older diesels are just as good as new ones and the lower the price the cheeper the insurance.
if you are no longer using your astra for work limited mileage and just for domestic use not commuting to work will lower insurance on it. flux credit you no claims on a second car on a new policy if your insured with them?