changing bosch to lucas callipers

tiger

im wondering if this is possible notsure.gif i have the bosch rear callipers at the mo but they squell like mad thumbd . so i was wondering if anyone had an idea if changing the rears only would be ok and if different pads would be needed and if the discs needed to be changed. also is it a particularly hard job to do. cheers.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I am not sure mate, someone may be able to help you out. I am thinking about changing my full brake setup to something bigger :D

2.2SRi

Just replaced my brakes and noticed i have lucas calipers on the back and have no squeling etc with them . :)

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I have just checked my Astra and I have Bocsh calipers on my rear wheels, are these the worst ones to have?

UKEZ

so it seems mark.... ..well they are okay all the time they are working lol... but yeah the lucas ones are better.

2.2SRi

You`ll find the bosch ones will start making the rears squeel like mentioned in the first post. There was a recall at vauxhall for this prob years back. Cant remember much about it as didnt have the car then.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
2.2SRi said:
You`ll find the bosch ones will start making the rears squeel like mentioned in the first post. There was a recall at vauxhall for this prob years back. Cant remember much about it as didnt have the car then.

I wonder why they never changed mine for then, seeing it's been to Vauxhall for servicing before notsure.gif . When I fisrt bought my car I was told by the last owners that one side was sticking ie squeeling, It seems to have cleared off a bit now

2.2SRi

I wouldnt like to say Mark, just something i remember hearing about a few years back mate. You can actually ring vaux cust services and give em your car details and they can look on the system to see if theres any outstanding recalls on ya car. I did this with mine when i first got my car in 2004 as i was curious about the timing chain mod, and they said mines ok with nothing outstanding. :)