Z22SE Changed chains and cams now I have a clacky noise on tick over

Robbie84

Hi guys I need some advice or help If possible I've changed the timing chain kit and the balance shaft chain kit on my vec b shes a z22se I swapped the cams for some stage 1 regrinds it starts first time no problem but I now have a noise on tick over like a clack but it goes if I raise the rpms above 1500 the only thing I did notice was the rear balance shaft had some in and out movement but not the front I do have a video of needed any help or advice is appreciated

vocky

Staff
did you release the chain tensioner by pressing it down on a slid object or use a suitable lever when it was fitted ?

Piper cams do give a nosiy tickover, due to the way they are modified, I normally add a small shim under every hydraulic lifter to compensate

Robbie84

Oh wow ok thank you i didn't realise that it was abit tricky but yeah I did manage to release the tensioner once fitted when I got the cams there was a bag of small washer/shims but I couldn't find out what they were for thank you

Robbie84

One more quick question I may of misplaced the spacer/shims that came with the cams so if I need to replace them what sizes/dimensions do I need tia