Can someone tell me what is this on my oil cap? (See pic)

Appie07

Lately I see this yellow transparent thing on the oil cap. Is it something to be worried of ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190512_133842.jpg
    IMG_20190512_133842.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 216

Appie07

No I do regularly 18 miles to work 4 times a week.

But it just seems like condensation huh? No blown head gasket or such

corsaZ22se

could be a sign rocker cover needs to come off and be flushed out so it breathers a bit better?
if no loss of coolant i would worry about head gasket.

Appie07

Alright, I didn't have time to take off the cover since the car was being used. So I flushed it as a temporary solution. Seems that fixed it. Not coming back for a while.

If it comes back, time to take it off then. I can paint it too whilst its off :cool:

Will post again with pics if its back

Appie07

Alright. It's starting to come back again. Will open it up somewhere this month. Anyone has any more suggestion where to look more once the rocker cover is off?

Gonna check the breathers first.

Appie07

So as promised I made pics when I removed it. It looks like this.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't it look like cooling liquid is leaking in there ?

Although on the cap it was clear sludge not this brown mayo. Could it be just water too cause ventilation was blocked ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190802_113835.jpg
    IMG_20190802_113835.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_20190802_113812.jpg
    IMG_20190802_113812.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 216

corsaZ22se

could just be condensation that will cause this.
flush it out, new gasket/seals, i would also remove and clean inlet manifold along with the PCV valve which comes with a new manifold seal set.

Appie07

Flushed it out and I could not believe what was coming out. Some mudlike substance. I assume it was from the time my cylinderhead was blown. Seemingly it was not flushed out by the garage then. (Too bad I don't have a video :cry:)

I am curious if this will make a difference. Will keep you updated.

corsaZ22se

will just be a build up of carbon.
and yes it sounds like the garage didn't flush it all out.
if it was that bad i would be doing the inlet as i said above, will help no end with breathing and crank case ventilation.

Appie07

will just be a build up of carbon.
and yes it sounds like the garage didn't flush it all out.
if it was that bad i would be doing the inlet as i said above, will help no end with breathing and crank case ventilation.

I took your advise and washed the intake. Also had an airgun to push gunk out of the inlet. There was some things coming out what didn't come out while washing it with water.

Funny thing. Only inlet of cilinder 1 and 4 had it. The rest were clean.

But unfortunately I still have that gunk on the oil cap after doing this.

Is there any other place I can check :(

Attachments

• IMG_20190922_115200.jpg
    IMG_20190922_115200.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 223