CAN I CLEAN 2.2 DIRECT Z22YH EGR VALVE.

DOBBO

Phoned Vauxhall today and confirmed that they no longer sell EGR Valve.Now sell a single blanking plate.Approx £42.

tunk

Try eBay. Sellers do list the tech2 service. Lado near me did mine 50 notes. Activated xenons and heated seats too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

rushy

The YH plate is totaly different to the SE plate as its dombed in shape. you might want to look at the swirl flaps also (the SE doesnt have this) Bang a load of carb cleaner down the intake after the MAF, this can sometimes unstick the flaps. Your EGR may just need a clean however. Unbolt it and as said watch out for the coolant and give it a good clean with carb cleaner. There is a cheap way of blanking it however and ive mentioned it to a few YH owners and its worked, its a method I stole from here which also works for the SE. After cleaning the valve and testing it (think its passing 12v over terminals A & E) refit it as normal. If everythings fine then you can just walk away or block the system to prevent the same happening.

Looking at the engine from the front of the car locate the metal corrigated pipe that comes from the head on the top right hand corner, this pipe goes to the inlet manifold and its this your blanking. All you have to do is simply make a flat blanking plate and sandwich it inbetween the pipe and the head. ;)

Dont forget to reset your codes with either a reader or just disconnect the battery for 20 mins. Opcom/Vauxcom cant take out the EGR only Tech 2 so if the EGR if shafted after cleaning then a Tech 2 session is deffo needed.

I'll warn you the YH is proving to be unreliable compared to the SE, Inlet Manifold, HP Pump and FPR failiors are all very common it seams and the codes they throw can be quite misleading, start with the cheapest and work your way forward, cleaning parts like the EGR and Swirl flaps would be my first port of call, the swirl flaps in particular can result in poor MPG and loss of power.

HTH

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
what and where are the swirl flaps
i think it might be these
aimg12.imageshack.us_img12_5530_90925446311.jpg

if they are there in the inlet by the looks of the above pic

rushy

Its operated off that little servo triggered by the ECU, it pushes a bar along the bottom of the manifold, each butterfly valve is then connected to the bar. They get sooted up from the EGR and oil vapour. The pipe on the far left is the pipe im talking about blanking, at carries the EGR gasses from the head outlet to the manifold.

This is a SE head but you can see the hole in the head...

aimg191.imageshack.us_img191_4884_13inletremoved1smalldeg.jpg

and an exploded view....

aimg23.imageshack.us_img23_8049_directmanifold1small111.jpg