can a vectra engine go into an astra

mugzy123

Recently found out my head was broken and neads replacing on my astra 2.2 (02 plate) :(

Have found a possible donar engine in a Vectra 2.2 (04 plate) with the same miles as my old engine.

Question is will it drop straight into the astra? Both z22se engines, but are they the same?

not sure if its a false economy as the whole donar car costs less than a recon head.........or go for the recon head??

Dilema!!!!

si.c1978

iffy dont know what you would do with the power steering as your astra's will standalone as its an electronic pump.(no need to do any mods or wiring)

one of the other guys will be able to confirm this but im sure the vec has a belt run pump so presumably you could just leave the belt detached?????

mugzy123

The guy says that it was running fine wehen he got the car, but as he has stripped the doors off the car and other bits it wont start due to imoboliser kicking in!

Its miles away from where i live so cant really go down to veiw the car :(

Prob best just leave it and look localy me thinks!

si.c1978

does sound a bit dodge!

ill try and see if i can find the name of the geezer i got my z20net off on ebay he does good prices and splits loads of vauxhalls and my new engine is great (y)

mugzy123

si.c1978 said:
does sound a bit dodge!

ill try and see if i can find the name of the geezer i got my z20net off on ebay he does good prices and splits loads of vauxhalls and my new engine is great (y)

That would be great cheers cheers..

JohnnyN

Former Staff
No need to change the cams. Just transfer the blanking plate from the Astra engine to the Vectra engine. All done!

(y)

vocky

Staff
I found an engine for sale on the vx220 site, not sure how much, I posted a link in the classifieds and might be worth a look dunno..

solorider

an 04 vectra has no mechanical power steering pump,it has a electro hydraulic pump like the astra,the vectra b had the cam driven pump not the vectra c

mugzy123

solorider said:
an 04 vectra has no mechanical power steering pump,it has a electro hydraulic pump like the astra,the vectra b had the cam driven pump not the vectra c

so does that mean it will fit into the astra??

i have a Astra G 2.2 sri (z22se) engine. I have just bought a Vectra B 2001 z22se engine will it fit? also are the cam chains the same for the z22se engines? thanks