cam chains

vocky

Staff
does anyone else wonder why vx hasn't recalled the z22se for the timing chains notsure.gif

I'm sick of reading about them snapping and feel sorry for the people who have to put up with the crap vx give them when they try to get it fixed.

If anyone from vx is reading this, GET IT SORTED

I had to pay for my chain replacement, my engine had only done 31k when I checked the oil jet to find it half blocked (there's two nozzles and one was blocked).

There's a guy on vvoc who stopped using his 2.2 because of a noise at cold start up, he had his car booked in for the chain kit replacement (which he was going to pay for himself) only for the bloody chain to snap when he had to move his car a couple of metres :(

sorry for the rant, but something has to be done

vocky

Baz

what about a petition if we have a list of names of people who have had the problem or having problems and let vx know

vocky

Staff
something needs to be done :(

whether it's watchdog or whatever

I was lucky (if that's what to call it) I only had to replace the chain kit and my engine was apart for cams and head work so it only cost me £92 and perhaps 30 minutes longer

Daz

Former Staff
We had a vectra 2.2 in ar work back last year and the plastic on the top guide rail had broken away causing the chain to rattle as it wasnt tensioned,lucky for the chap who owned only had to get a chain kit..could have been a lot worse.

I've recently had cam chain rattle and had the tensioner already replaced but on further inspection the chain needs replacing. Anyone got any idea how much this usually costs?

I'm in Surrey, got a local garage doing the job so shouldn't be too bad. I've been looking through the search on this site and see the question I asked has been asked a thousand times!

Bloody cars!

EDIT: Getting worried reading cam chain snapped threads :( I only need the car to last another 100 miles and one week until it gets done!

Baz said:
is the rattle loud and last for a long time

Its rare it happens, like once a week maybe. Its on start up and only for about 10-20 seconds. I tend to take it careful when the noise is there and sometimes turn the engine off and idle it to warm it up a bit.

Sound bad?

Baz

some 2.2 do rattle on startup mines sometimes does it when my chain snapped last year it was rattling like mad for more than 20 secs like 5 mins at a time and i took 2000miles before it snapped dealers fault for not fixing it sooner tbh id say it should be ok but if your in doubt is there any chance of getting a loan of a car just to give you peice of mind