cam chain

figo126

hi lads just joined today,ive just bought a astra coupe 2.2 with a knackered engine ,pulled head off today 16 bent valves ,with slight contact on all pistons ,will the bottom end be ok,and where is best place to buy new valves ,guides ,cam chain replacements cheers ian,,,,,,,,

flatbeat

You will need to check the Pistons for cracks but you should to get away with it and just rebuilding the head
The best person to speak to is Carl evens

Dave Gilbert

evocarlos.

Valve guides will be cracked so defo want to replace them with the bent valves, check the pistons for cracks

gm chains(balance and timing) if budget allows but atleast gm main chain.

N defo talk to carl evans, he is the chain and head master.

vocky

Staff
I probably have a full set of used z22se valves somewhere in my garage if you need any.

You will need to change the valve guides as they crack and the engine will smoke if you leave them :eek:

figo126

I probably have a full set of used z22se valves somewhere in my garage if you need any.

You will need to change the valve guides as they crack and the engine will smoke if you leave them :eek:
cheers vocky just took valves out all exhaust guides cracked might aswell do them all, most of the cam followers are snapped need all of them + all lifters to be on the safe side thanks for the offer for the used valves if you have a full set valves and cam followers will be a big help let me know how much thanks,,,,,,,,

figo126

cheers dave is there a link you can put be on about balance shaft delete im new to these z22se engines thanks,,,,,,,

Dave Gilbert

I know you pull them out n chop them down but that about it.

I think there is a guide on here but i dont know where.

but evocarlos should be able to either tell you or point you in the direction of the guide.