cam chain help please

tried fitting timing chain kit yesterday ...... how do i no if correctly timed in...... the chain i have has 3 blue markings on....will it be timed if i line up the marking with the markings on the cogs... could someone please help
many thanks

hi matt to find tdc i have been told you put the crank pulley on and have the marking facing centre top is this correct. what if i have taken it off already will it go back on in one position ..... lastly will everything work ok aslong as the colors on the chain line up with the mrks on the sprockets many thanks

TonyH

That's not right the mark aligns with the mark on the oil pump/timing case at about 10/11 o'clock. The pulley will only fit one way.

The coloured links will only line up if they are correct so you cannot get that wrong.

What I did was take pictures of what I was doing at important stages and put up on here and experts will tell you if it looks correct.

Daz

Former Staff
As said in pm last night..... the key that the pully slides onto shud be pointing upwards.,.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
as daz said
key way on the crank pointing up inline with the spark plugs
cams at 2 and 10
see pics
DSC07220.jpg

the crank pulley notch should be lined up with the marks before taking anything off
WP_000175.jpg
tdc.jpg

Last edited: