Brand new S3 detail

Sjdickso

Staff
One of my best mates picked up his car last week, A 3month old S3. He declined to have super guard put on at the stealer and wanted me to do the detail instead.

So Yesterday we tackled it. I will apologise now there is no before as the camera battery was dead, and by the time we had finished the sun had started to go in.

The process.

Pre-rinse with Super snow foam & suds-blaster.
Wash with Megs gold class and two bucket method and Schmitt
Then rinsed, dried with pakshak ww towels and Megs last touch as lube.
Wheels cleaned with lambs wool mitt and mix of fairy liquid.
Then rinsed well.

Overall the car looked good a couple of bad was technique marks. Over all very good condition. I though it should be a walk in the park. Well how wrong was I. Taped up the car with 3m tape.

Onto 6.5” white LC polishing pad & SSR2.5 which didn’t do a thing. Then I tried old style IP which dried to fast in the warm day and didn’t do anything to marks. Then I found that Hyper compound and light cut pad did the trick. All car done with just a few little marks to be seen in direct sun light. These will be dealt with at another time as we where limited for time. Then car had Megs #80 and polishing pad. Then a coat of EX-P and topped off with P21.

I then brushed off the mats and cleaned the door shuts and inside with damp mf cloth. Exhaust was cleaned with auto sol and then Megs NXT. Wheels where waxed with turtle wax nano wheel wax and tyres treated to megs endurance Gel.

Here are the afters. This has to be the hardest paint I have ever come across. Was a great detail and has to be the most expensive car I have detailed to date.

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_S3_Detail040.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_S3_Detail041.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_S3_Detail043.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_S3_Detail044.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_S3_Detail042.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_S3_Detail045.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_S3_Detail050.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_S3_Detail049.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_S3_Detail046.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_S3_Detail054.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_S3_Detail055.jpg

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Very nice. Very smart looking car :). You must be booked up til next year now with the good jobs you do on peoples car lol :)

Sjdickso

Staff
Cheers for the comments, yes shes a bit fast Matt and holds the road like nothing i have driven before runnibg 262bhp as standard and should be around 310 with a couple of tweaks weee.gif

furn

menzerna do a range of polish specially for vag and mercedes and bmw paints , they are a very hard finish.

Sjdickso

Staff
Cheers Mate, i tried the old Menz IP but it just didnt touch the swirls i did not have the new PO85RD3.02 "shirley" one. May get myself a bottle to try next time though.