Brake Disks

jon.mason

Has anyone used ebc brake disks or know if their anygood? Thinking of buying some.

Baz

i had some ebc discs and pads on my last car and they do make a diffrence i also had braided hoses but they were quite good

BigAl

I've not bought any as yet, but I was thinking about it.

Although, someone told me that they are very noisy in operation compare to standard solid disks, is this true?

Baz

thats true there is slightly more noise but thats because the stanard discs are plain and the ebc ones are grooved but there isnt much diffrence

jon.mason

Sweet, was thinking of using them with the standard pads as i`ve read the ebc green stuff arn`t to good at initial breaking only good when they have been used a bit and up to tempreture

Baz

the pads are diffrent now. they have a better coating on the pads so i works from go i really need a new set of brakes aswell im a bit right foot heavy and do lots of hard braking how much are u buying the discs for ?

jon.mason

If you can afford to upgrade to the 308mm disc set up then it is more than worth it. I have these on my turbo and they have a lot more bite then the 288mm disc`s on my old 2.2