Bought something off ebay

astra22bertoneauto

I bought an Irmy "i" grille for my car off ebay. Got it at a reasonable price, all received & fitted so looking good.

Seller asked me for some positive feedback so heres my response......(I think i am being fair)

Hi

Unfortunately I would have to leave Neutral feedback for the following reasons:-

1) You charged me double what it cost you to send the item
2) There was no packaging which is risky as the postman does'nt care if your item gets to its destination in good condition. Even if you had wrapped in a single piece of bubble wrap that would help to protect the item. Staples sell a massive roll of bubble wrap for about £20. I use this when I send items and I still have half a roll left.
3) It took you 4 working days to post the item (not including purchase day) so i did not receive the item till the 20th. Your listing stated it would be delivered by the 3-4th working day.

But in all fairness the item was as described, so nowt wrong there.

Matt

Administrator
That's perfectly fair. I've been selling all my old tape packs on there, and eBay should limit the amount you can charge for postage, as people used to charge an extortionate amount for postage.

sandyc

People would generally charge a large amount for postage for numerous reasons, usually to cover for a shortfall in the final auction price or to keep the buy it now price low thus attracting customers and keeping final value fees down.

Matt

Administrator
The only issue I have on eBay at the minute is with the tape packs I sell, eBay won't let me out more than £2.25 for first class postage, but because they are packs of 12 tapes, even second class comes in at almost £2.80. The last 2 have only sold for 99p so I'm almost loosing money on selling them. Would be easier just throwing them in the bin :(

astra22bertoneauto

People would generally charge a large amount for postage for numerous reasons, usually to cover for a shortfall in the final auction price or to keep the buy it now price low thus attracting customers and keeping final value fees down.

Well they dont attract me as ill always look for someone with a more reasonable postage charge. On this occasion it was an auction and no-one bid on the item at all. I only bid on it at the last few seconds because i was outbid on another auction, so i got it for the starting price.

But it was a combination of all the points which pi***d me off.

The only issue I have on eBay at the minute is with the tape packs I sell, eBay won't let me out more than £2.25 for first class postage, but because they are packs of 12 tapes, even second class comes in at almost £2.80. The last 2 have only sold for 99p so I'm almost loosing money on selling them. Would be easier just throwing them in the bin :(

Ive always selected Royal Mail Special Delivery and put in my own estimate - never tried their first/second postage options. Special Delivery is fully tracked with a signature on the web too.