Bonnet Lifters

Gazza

Former Staff
anyone got these fitted ?

if so are they aesy to fit and i have heard that the bonnet wont close properly with them on is this right ?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Forgot to say the car came with them fitted when I bought it, so I don't know how easy it is to fit them notsure.gif

Gazza

Former Staff
im really tempted to buy some but dont wont the bonnet no to shut properly when they are on notsure.gif

Andy Coupé

Got mine from LMF at traxx lasy year, only £12!!!! if you can wait till PVS in the summer you will save a few quid! Easy enought to fit although you can see them slightly between the bonnet and wing.

Gazza

Former Staff
yea i wont be able to make pvs i dont think seen a few on ebay cheap so may just get them off there :D

Andy Coupé

gazza1591 said:
ordered a set of these today will do a how to guide when i fit them :D

Are they the inxx type? if so i found i need to add an additional washer on the top of the wing as the ones supplied were naff.

Gazza

Former Staff
Andy Coupé said:
gazza1591 said:
ordered a set of these today will do a how to guide when i fit them :D

Are they the inxx type? if so i found i need to add an additional washer on the top of the wing as the ones supplied were naff.

yea sure are i will take that into account when fitting cheers mate :D

Andy Coupé

if i have time ill take some pics of mine b4 i go to work! basicly the nuckel joint that bolts to the wing slipped through the hole in washer as the hole was too big.

Gazza

Former Staff
pic would be cool if you could,im goin to be doing a hoe to on fitting so i need to do it right :D

My vectra had them fitted as standard but a mate fitted some aftermarket ones to his Astra and they were rubbing the paintwork away -- he may not have got them lined up properly.

Andy Coupé

I fitted mine with the thiner part on the wing, it was ether in the instructions or read some where that they need to be that way for the oil to lubricate them properly. Basicly fit them so it looks like there upside down!