Big Detail Matts Car

Sjdickso

Staff
Well this was my second big detail of 2007. I have been promising to do Matts car for some time. Just a general defect removal polish and wax.

Matt popped round to me just before 10am. We had a chat then got started on the car.

This how the car looked on arrival.

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts001.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts003.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts004.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts005.jpg

I pre treated the archers with poorboys apc, and also gave the wheels a pre wash. I then soaked the car in super snow foam and let this dwell for 5 / 10 minutes, Washed with two bucket method and new Schmitt was mitt. I then dried the car with a waffle Weave towel and inspected the paint. Which was in good condition, Matt had used the megs three stage system on the car a few times you could tell. I then taped up the car with blue 3m tape and got the PC out. Vauxhall paint is great to work with not too soft not to hard. So I choose megs 6.5” cut pad and poorboys SSR2.5 polish, which left a slightly hazy finish but 85% of defects removed.

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts006.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts011.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts010.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts012.jpg

After this I then did a coat of megs #80 with a polishing pad. Which brought out the gloss finish which looked great but the weather was against us slightly and the sun never showed it’s face and it started to rain a bit.

This is after megs #80 polish.

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts020.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts024.jpg

I then removed the tape and tackled the scratch on the rear bumper, I wet sanded with megs uni grit paper 2500 grade then polished with 4” cut pad and then 4” white polishing pad.

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts002.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts014.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts015.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts029.jpg

I was happy with the outcome.

The whole car then got a coat of nattys blue wax. Archers treated with AG rubber care. And tyres & other plastics treated with megs endurance gel. I then waxed the wheels with turtle wax nano wheel wax. And her are the afters.

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts030.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts034.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts037.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts038.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts036.jpg

No pics of the inside but a quick hoover and some natural dressing was used. Matt was happy with the finish and the paint felt like glass the pictures didn’t do it justice. Time taken 5 1/2 hrs.

Matt

Administrator
You did a bloody superb job Simon, I'm very pleased with the result. As a return favour I replaced Simon's Anti-Roll bar link rods for him.

You can see me hard at work in this reflection:

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c394_Simd_Matts_Carts024.jpg

Sjdickso

Staff
Cheers Matt, You did a cracking job on mine to say you felt shocking too, and how seized where them bolts LOL, Hope you hand heals up.

Matt

Administrator
A couple more pictures:

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_2_Copy_of_DSCF1782_1.jpg

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_2_Copy_of_DSCF1783_1.jpg

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_2_Copy_of_DSCF1785_1.jpg

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_2_Copy_of_DSCF1787_1.jpg

In the right light, the paint looks like wet glass, and it's smooth as a babies arse

Daz

Former Staff
I thought mine was good after a clay session but that is the dogs danglys....

Gazza

Former Staff
where is the booking in form ?

very nice love what you did with the scratch 0on the rear bumper i have a few i would love to get rid of.

JohnnyN

Former Staff
That looks fantastic. I bet you're happy with that Matt. I reckon Simon better come along to PV2007 and get the cars ready whilst we all bugger off for a few burgers!!

:LOL: cheers.. :LOL:

Daz

Former Staff
JohnnyN said:
. I reckon Simon better come along to PV2007 and get the cars ready whilst we all bugger off for a few burgers!!

Why didnt i think off that showo..

Matt

Administrator
JohnnyN said:
That looks fantastic. I bet you're happy with that Matt. I reckon Simon better come along to PV2007 and get the cars ready whilst we all bugger off for a few burgers!!

LOL, good thinking John, he's got his tickets ordered, and with the stand pass, you can get in at 7am, rather than 9am.

Sjdickso

Staff
Cheers for all your comments guys! Looks like i will have to order more wax to do everyones car, chuck us a burger at PV and i am sure i can through a coat of wax over your cars LOL. Matt your Camera must be better then mine, the colour on your pictures is much sharper.

Matt

Administrator
I was thinking that mate. Or, could it be that photobucket has changed the quality of the image after you've uploaded it? Try uploading them on here using the Upload Picture facility, as I've got it set to keep the quality at 100% (because there is shed loads of space on the server)

blue se2

s**t Simon thats awesome!!!!!!!! Can't beleave the rear bumper.:eek: I think you should do a road show and clean all our cars i'll be ya first in Norfolk! Looks like you polised the number plates a bit much though you took of half the letters :D good job mate you should do it for a living :LOL: