Best Discs & Pads for Astra Coupe?

AlexYW

Its getting to that time where im going to need them changing, and since im still running on the ones that were on the car when i bought it I haven't a clue what would be best to get? Also thinking of changing to 308mm, any advice?

AlexYW

Yeah this is the brand that keeps coming up on ebay searches, they look good, will the 308mm discs for the turbo be ok for a non turbo?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
What type of pads does the 2002 2.2 coupe use?

how do you mean ?
they're just normal gm pads the same as the 1.8- 2.0- 2.2 there even the same caliper
you can get aftermarket pads
s**t stuff,and brembo pads but i found the gm or mintex xtreme pad to be a good choice for the 308mm upgrade

AlexYW

how do you mean ?
they're just normal gm pads the same as the 1.8- 2.0- 2.2 there even the same caliper
you can get aftermarket pads
s**t stuff,and brembo pads but i found the gm or mintex xtreme pad to be a good choice for the 308mm upgrade

So pads for a 2.0 turbo should be ok with the 308mm upgrade? I was looking at this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110492110871&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:GB:1123
That would all be fine for a 308mm upgrade for my car?

I have 2.2 automatic and I don't know if is from my automatic gearbox but the brake is soft and long, not short as promptly like a turbo with Ate ..

Ate what position would be situated opposite the EBC?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
and ranking as? for z22se..
I ask that because I don't know if I must change the brand or going with EBC (Turbo Groove + Green Stuff)..

1. Mintex xtreme
2. oem gm/ate
12.ebc red stuff
17. EBC green stuff
28. ebc yellow stuff

in the past i have used green stuff there s**te and red stuff pads reds were a little better but required to be hot
good GM/OPEL branded pad is better in performance and longevity than ebc pad

the discs won't make any difference even tho my preference is without grooves and holes there all just flat discs of steel lol