been to vx for diagnostics :(

Andy76

And it aint good, had it looked at vx today due to it smoking again,
hour or so later, bad news mr lee, it's either your turbo or piston rings
then they did handbrake recall and full inspection to tell me that i have a rear main oil leak, they want £665 for that..... not including reason why it went in, so took a drive to were i had turbo done last june ,and the owner says he's 100% sure it's not the pistons but the valve stem seals so got a quote of them for around £500+

feelin rather peed off but has to be done.......

anyone know anyone that in southyorkshire that can do the seals and rear main oil leak for a good price.
how much should i pay... i assume the cost of £665 for the rear main from vx is steep too as for a o/s inner cv boot to be done at vx is £117.30

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Cars cost loads sometimes when they go wrong. I always thought the 2.0 T Vectra was a very good engine as I never once got any issues with mine, loved my car when I had it. Hope you get yours sorted out soon. I always use Vauxhall to do my repairs as I know it's all under good warrenty if anything goes wrong.

Matt

Administrator
There are a couple of people on here who may be able to help you out if you are able to travel? ATOM X, Benny, vocky?