North East Back at last!!!!!!

ski

After a long long long 12 week wait, my car is finally back from luton tech centre, pick it up from the dealer tommorrow!

Work done includes
new front clamshell
new back clamshell
2 new doors
repair to drivers side sill
new brakepipes
full respray
Several little niggly jobs,
Full MOT

and all done under warrenty, not bad for a car that is now 6 years old!

Approx cost to vauxhall £10,000!!

Have to say Evans Halshaw in gateshead have been very good to me, would recommend them for any problems. (Much much better than drive vauxhall in stockton, who just tried to fob me off!)

So the next meet ill be up for!

Getting ready to hand the vectra tommorrow, pictures of the car to follow

vocky

Staff
the vx220 can suffer from fibreglass bubbles, covered under the original warranty, I bet they regret that :LOL:

ski

Yup, its the bubbling paintwork.

Went in for a small bubble on the rear clam (about 5p size) and in the inspection, they noticed other areas on both the doors and the front clam (which i thought was nice of them as my front bumper has a scratch on it due to an argument with a kerb!

The sills round the wheel arches are prone to bad stone chipping thats where the repair came in

The brake pipes were a recall that needed doing, and the other things they have supposidly fixed are the misty lights, and the leaking door seals.

Was on the phone to them this dinnertime, and its been delayed again :( they have decided it needs a new bonnet catch, and dont have one in stock! ah well maybe by the weekend ill have it....

Some people get the paint bubbles sorted at the dealers, but then its only the essential part that is repaired / replaced and the quality of repair can be iffy, back at the tech centre they goto town on the cars, and they look like new when they are returned.

Must have cost vaux an arm and a leg, as its a common problem

you been lucky .my m8s mrs had a load ov bother with a corsa she got from there .and they just didnt seem interested .nice car bet it was worth the wait

ski

After lots of fobbing off, and 3 other hire cars, the car is finally finally ready for the pick up!! ( I only beleive this as i have seen the car with my own eyes!)

So insted of the 12 weeks they said, it turned out to be 16 weeks!

All the months of waiting have been worth it, at the moment its getting mot'd in gateshead. After seeing the car all i can say is wow!! It literally looks like its just come off the production line, both inside and outside. I was there watching it being unloaded from the covered transporter, and a group of admiring kids turned up, with looks of awe, and asking me a million questions about it, just reminded me how much i missed it and why i bought it in the first place!

Next job get it home and fit the £400 of mods ive accumulated in the last few months!

rallygif

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Don't drop any of the new parts on the paint work FFS!! pmsl..

Great news that you're finally getting it home. Just right to see out the rest of the summer!

thumbup