b207r/Z22se Injector/fuel rail question

Mario

ok so my Z22se conversion is starting to do my head in, what I need to know, is there much difference between b207r injectors and rail and Z22se rail and injectors???

the issue I have is I am short of the fuel lines for the Z22se and trying to get a hold of them this close to Xmas is a pita, now I have a b207r sat in my lock up that has the fuel lines on and what I am thinking is fit them to me Z22se rail and job is sorted, but just incase I want to know if I could use the b207 rail if the fittings are different and or weather there is anything to gain from fitting the saab injectors.

Mario

they are having to custom make fuel lines as the 1.6 only had 1 pipe from the tank and the 2.2 as you know runs a return, but they need the special fitting that screws to the rail.

starting to wish I had just sold it and bought a 2.2 lol

Mario

the issue I have is this close to xmas money is tight and I don't have the luxury of time and money to order the right parts from Vauxhall, I need to get some-thing made to get me into the new year and then I will order brand new genuine Vauxhall items for a 2.2 Zaf and get them fitted, but the budgy is tight and time is tighter. ideally I needed the car back on the road yesterday lol

Mario

yeah but its the bit that screws on to the fuel rail I need to know if they are the same on both b207r and Z22se, and if they aren't the same can the b207r fuel rail be fitted to the Z22se.

Mario

I have the fitting for both flow and return and the ridged pipe upto about 3 inch before I would have become rubber, yes they were cut off, but they are on my b207 I bought and need to use thous to make some pipes for my 22 in the Zaf.

rushy

The Vec C 2.2 z22se fuel rail doesn't have a return, would one of them help you out?

31953_acdn.z22se.com_userpix_1067_dsc01077_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
The Vec C 2.2 z22se fuel rail doesn't have a return, would one of them help you out?

31953_acdn.z22se.com_userpix_1067_dsc01077_1.jpg

the vec c rail also has the blocks and would need injector insulators to fit right :) i bought one just for the blocks on the supercharger build
WP_000415.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario

why do you guys keep confusing me???? I need a solution in the next 24hrs using what I have already lol, yeah a Vec C rail might have been the answer if I was going to stay with the single pipe setup but that's now not possible as I need the car back on the road in the next 24hrs.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the inserts that go in the head are called ""injector insulators""
WP_000184.jpg

you cant buy the alloy blocks that fit on the fuel rail you have to get a vec c rail and swap them over unless the saab one comes with them on ?