B207/Z22SE rebuild parts

dewismotorsport

I've had a search on here but can't find some of the info.

Basically had a B207 bottom sat doing nothing for a few years now so plan to build a forged engine up, I already have the forged pistons and eagle rods and from what I've seen the big end and main bearings are the same between the two engines.

I plan just to use a Z22SE head (I know the B207 has a better casting etc but I have 3 spare z22se ones so just makes sense as I'm not chasing power).

What I want to know is which head gasket to use? And which head bolts?

I assume their both the same but just want confirmation.

Also is the B207 sump any better than the z22se as it's worth swapping while I'm at it. More so the baffle than the overall capacity.

figo126

I'm 99 percent the head gasket and bolts are same, but something I'm 100 percent on is the sump, it holds 6 litres for the b207 engine , 5 litres for the z22se engine , the only difference is the dip stick tube is higher up on the sump ,

vocky

Staff
B207 head gasket is slightly thicker and better suited to SC, but they all fit - z22se / z22yh / b207

Head bolts, bearings, gaskets are all the same and the block is basically identical - just under piston oil jets and oil cooler on the B207.

Saab sump is probably better for track days due to the higher oil capacity.

vocky

Staff
if you have access to a lathe it's quite easy to make a bung from alloy rod.

If you need the measurements I can dig them out for you.