Auto info

vpm

Hi is there anyone who can advise please?

I have a 2003 Vectra c 2.2 Elite. It has a z22se engine and has an auto box.

1, has anyone encounted these gearboxes give a violent/sudden jerk when slowing down and the box is changing from 2nd to 1st automatically? If i change down manually, it's fine. If so can anyone offer any ideas on the problem?

2, Should this gearbox have a dip stick? If so where is it? If not where is the filler plug?

3, What sort of fluid should it use? I have heard it is not Dexron

4, do these boxes still have problems with coolant ingress and if so what is the cure?

I thank you in advance.

colin141

Hi is there anyone who can advise please?

I have a 2003 Vectra c 2.2 Elite. It has a z22se engine and has an auto box.

1, has anyone encounted these gearboxes give a violent/sudden jerk when slowing down and the box is changing from 2nd to 1st automatically? If i change down manually, it's fine. If so can anyone offer any ideas on the problem?

2, Should this gearbox have a dip stick? If so where is it? If not where is the filler plug?

3, What sort of fluid should it use? I have heard it is not Dexron

4, do these boxes still have problems with coolant ingress and if so what is the cure?

I thank you in advance.
hi i have vauxhall signum 2.2 with auto box how do i check oil level cant find dipstick

vpm

Hi, if you still need info on this, there is a dip stick, it is on the front of the gearbox, green in colour and is bolted in (10mm i think). It's not the easiest thing to see, i believe it should be checked warm and should be crimson in colour. Best thing to do is get the oil from the dealer to be sure.

colin141

Hi, if you still need info on this, there is a dip stick, it is on the front of the gearbox, green in colour and is bolted in (10mm i think). It's not the easiest thing to see, i believe it should be checked warm and should be crimson in colour. Best thing to do is get the oil from the dealer to be sure.
Hi thanks for replying I still can't see it its signum 2.2 petrol 2004 I heard that it doesn't have dipstick

vpm

I tried to find a source of oil locally but found no-one knew what sort it was, hence i say go to the dealers for the oil. These boxes do suffer from coolant ingress but i think i am right in saying that it causes gearbox failure.
I had the same thing with violent change, i don't know if it was pure luck of the draw but i drove mine sensibly changing gear manually up and down for a while making sure i used all the gears up and down and that sorted mine out, i can say that mine was an AF23 box and had adaptive driving facility, so if you have just bought the car and it has been driven badly it will continue to change gear badly until it learns your driving style.

colin141

I tried to find a source of oil locally but found no-one knew what sort it was, hence i say go to the dealers for the oil. These boxes do suffer from coolant ingress but i think i am right in saying that it causes gearbox failure.
I had the same thing with violent change, i don't know if it was pure luck of the draw but i drove mine sensibly changing gear manually up and down for a while making sure i used all the gears up and down and that sorted mine out, i can say that mine was an AF23 box and had adaptive driving facility, so if you have just bought the car and it has been driven badly it will continue to change gear badly until it learns your driving style.
Iv had it a few months it changes great just want to find dipstick to check oil

vpm

HI mate if it's an AF23 i does have a dip stick but it is not obvious, look on the side of the box nearest the rad, the dip stick is green but may be hidden by filth, if memory serves me well it near the bell housing. Do a search in google images.

colin141

Hi thanks very much found it my car has done 189000 miles and engine gearbox are great was serviced up to 120000 miles and no timing chain rattle