Auto Gearstick Astra MK4 G - Problem

Hi all, I have a Astra Bertone Coupé 2.2 autosport. The button on the side of the auto gear selector fell out the other day!! The button has the white plastic assembly inside still attached and I have the spring too. I can't find any clip or see anything broken or missing at all. I have put back in which allows me to put in reverse etc but it keeps coming out again. Anyone have any experience with these? Some advice would be much appreciated, TIA 👍

KevinH

Hi wayne_saunders_600, unfortunately I have no experience of these as I have a manual gearbox (Vectra B).but I guess if you can't get the button to stay in place permanently you may have to source a replacement.

The part # you require is: 93195969 - Kit, Push Button and Contacts (Exc Wood Veneer)
(Number 3 in the diagram below)

IMG_0828.PNG

Hi wayne_saunders_600, unfortunately I have no experience of these as I have a manual gearbox (Vectra B).but I guess if you can't get the button to stay in place permanently you may have to source a replacement.

The part # you require is: 93195969 - Kit, Push Button and Contacts (Exc Wood Veneer)

View attachment 69703
Thank you so very much for this valuable information. It is very much appreciated 👍

Thank you so very much for this valuable information. It is very much appreciated 👍

View attachment 69703
Hi Kevin, part no longer available, when I contacted Vauxhall directly, they apparently checked all suppliers in the UK and no stock either. Seems these parts are like hens teeth, even 2nd hand 😕