ATOMX Inlet

mazza 2.2

Looking good Steve. :clap:

Will the airbox be positioned directly on the end of the smaller tail pipe? Or are you going to have something custom made to improve things even further?

cavaddict

Cheers guys. The TB mounting plate is now on, still gotta do the various vacuum fittings and also my 4 gas injector jets still need to be fitted in the runners. Not entirely sure on the filter setup yet, but it will probably be a custom jobby to fit the space i have. Taking it back into work tomoz to lightly skim the flange, it's slightly distorted from all the welding but max deviation is only 0.3mm so wont take much. Will keep you posted.

cavaddict

It's just 4 screw in lpg jets....think they're a 6mm thread just tapped straight into the runner. Started running on lpg now as it's sooooo much cheaper and i can spend the savings on mods :D

cavaddict

Fairly simple really, gas tank where the spare was, some gubbins under the bonnet including a piggy back ecu, bit of wiring and then it has to be professionally checked and certified (as of last year the government has introduced a £75 charge for the certification!!). Whilst you get a bit less mpg ( about 10%) and lose a bit of power (mainly top end), you really find it hard to tell the difference.

si.c1978

essentially im only interseted in the hardware side of things as i can map it/make a switchable map myself,
what sort of costs are involved?

cavaddict

I bought mine second hand...and all in it cost me £500. This includes a brand new tank and all pipework (thought it best to play safe). When i had it set up, the charge was £150....that included a full tank of gas (£30) and the government registration charge (£75). There are loads of kits on Ebay, mine is a Tartarini kit and it's easily paid for itself already.

cavaddict

Another resurection lol. The engine is finally in, just need a rain free day now to fit everything back in. Inlet manifold fits a treat but will need a couple of vacuum ports fitting. Also gonna cut O'seal grooves into both sides of the flange insulation plate......hopefully this week.

cavaddict

Didn't manage to cut the O'seal grooves on Friday, but did get it set up on the cnc. Bunged the old inlet on for the time being just to run the engine up....sounds good. Spoke to Courtnays to get an idea of the cost involved of rolling road tuning it.....£510 inc VAT. Better get saving!