You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest.
By registering not only can you take part in the forum, it will also remove most of the adverts.

Astra sprot hatch BTCC - engine options?

Discussion in 'Tuning Discussion' started by Project L850, September 21, 2017.

1. Engine removals don't come any easier than this. Everything has quick connectors then drop the complete subframe..... upload_2017-10-30_21-50-40.

View of the inlet....
    upload_2017-10-30_21-53-38.

Walk around of the complete PT package..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Inlet cam drives the PAS pump, does the end of this cam look familiar to anyone?

upload_2017-10-30_22-6-25.

PAS pump....

upload_2017-10-30_22-9-21.

3. QUOTE="vocky, post: 1257273, member: 13"]A few things to consider;

1 - flywheel is probably an eight bolt pattern, z22se + LE5 are both six bolt (new flywheel required)
    2 - mapping will be different, trigger wheel should be the same pattern on the 2.0 and 2.4, but not on the z22se (is ECU easily mappable ?)
    3 - gear ratios, these may not suit the 7500rpm 2.4 power bands (the extra torque from the 2.4 engine might cover up any ratio issues)

To get 270 out of a 2.0 is no mean feat, I guess it revs it's nuts off :LOL:[/QUOTE]

You were correct Vocky, the Sodemo has a 8 bolt pattern so custom flywheel needed for 2.4 build.
    Did consider the 8 bolt 2.0 crank (for 2.1 build) but the stud pattern is different to that too, grrrrrrr.
    Trigger wheel looks to be part of the flywheel.

upload_2017-11-11_8-18-54.

Attached Files:

4. that PAS pump is a one off, you could use a Vectra B PAS pump and then aftermarket cams would be okay. Standard z22se method is a hex drive.

5. Thanks Vocky, I've spoken to Newman cams, they can analyse the Sodemo cams hold on file then grind something less aggressive but keep the same fitment, therefore drive the existing PAS. Not bad price either, 360 +VAT for a pair.
    I also found out that the BTCC technical regs allowed 12mm of lift, Sodemo got around this with a extreme ramp on the cam, this throws the valve further than the lobe therefore gaining extra but at the expense of short valvetrain life.

• Useful Useful x 1
Matched Content