Astra MK4 2.2 Sri overheating

Evening folks, got an issue with the car (again!). For the last couple of days the car has started overheating if i put the heater on the temp gauge drops right down but I've got to put the window down to stop my face melting. Any ideas?

milo

when u say overheating where the needle climbing to? Is only over heating when on tick over or when on the move also?

milo

losing coolant? Oil/water mixed? Is your fan kicking in? I had an issue where my fan was not kicking in at 90 (middle) and the temp would just keep climbing, but i never let get any were near red. I changed my coolant module and never had an issue since. But the car over heating that much will lead to he gasket failure.

coolant is still nice and red no oil in the mix. i'm not 100% sure the fan is kicking in. will take a look at the cooling module in the morning. thanks for the advice.

Hi Vocky thanks for the reply. whipped the thermostat out today chucked it in a pot boiled it and got no movement so it is definitely stuck shut. i've ordered a new thermostat and a temp sensor.