Astra G NCDR 1100 and cid investigation

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
opps that will be why i could not connect to the head unit forgot to put the ground in for the half can :confused:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
good mate of mine found me a TB cdc4 and decided to send it me for free :)
11034878_10155288024815790_1839700190_o.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
jacked the back of the car up to see if the auto leveler pop up on the screen

bollocks
WP_20150308_12_41_46_Pro.jpg

was hoping for this
reparatii--depanari-cid-df261c3353a8adaf6-0-0-0-0-0.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the omega has the headlamp range on the screen thru pin 29 on the cid plug but for the astra pin 29 is the aux heater :confused:

astra
eh.JPG

omega
hll.JPG

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
cdc TB :)
WP_20150310_10_48_03_Pro.jpg

you can just see the outline of the B
WP_20150310_10_48_11_Pro.jpg

code accepted screen went in to ""display safe"" cdc was in ""cdc safe""
WP_20150310_11_24_12_Pro.jpg

code accepted again but the cdc still showing as ""cdc safe"" :confused:
WP_20150310_11_25_36_Pro.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
had a change of heart and put the wiring in the glove box for the cd changer back to as it was from the factory
put all wires back in the plug and reapplied cloth tape
pin 4 of the plug for the diag goes to the head unit then from the head unit to pin 3 of the obd port
the power and earth were there too and the green and white can bus went back to the original head unit plug
WP_20150310_16_31_29_Pro.jpg

ive taken all the wires now back from the original ccr600 stereo plug and made a patch lead
last check shows all working and connection to all 3 parts with opcom

i did end up with an issue where the theft protection had been disabled and now will not except a code to enable security
so we've got ""display safe""
WP_20150310_17_37_32_Pro.jpg

""radio safe""
WP_20150310_17_37_40_Pro.jpg

and ""cdc safe""
WP_20150310_17_37_47_Pro.jpg

altho this dont affect the system working in the background the cd changer now works
the display safe popping up every 4 seconds could get annoying......
at a guess i would say the code stored in the cdc is not replicated from the screen like the radios is
the radio clones the code from the screen or maybe its cloned the code from the cdc
got a mate coming on sat with tech2 so will see what happens from there

not sure what unit disabled means :confused:
WP_20150310_17_41_35_Pro.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
sort of fixed it after an hour of faffing with opcom
the cdc and display are now paired and not showing ""safe""
its now showing as this (generic image)
PICT0683-2.jpg

but the head unit is playing silly buggers and altho not in safe mode its in delivery mode thats a step in the right direction :)
i also have the 2nd unit thats in delivery mode to

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
ok so this is all thats required to fit the ncdr1100 /cid / cdc3

one pre made 26 pin to 36 pin adapter
WP_20150311_16_43_26_Pro.jpg

removal of pin 10 and 11 from the MID 32 pin plug
WP_20150311_16_49_39_Pro.jpg

adding the green and white can bus wires to the 32 pin MID plug pin 10 = green and pin 11 = white
tape the other to wire up so theres no shorts then plug in the 32pin and the 12 pin in to the CID screen
WP_20150311_16_52_07_Pro.jpg

plug in cdc3 to the existing cdc3 wiring in the glove box the adapter into the original radio plug and the new plug into the ncdr 1100
WP_20150311_16_56_22_Pro.jpg

the spare astra now has a color screen and sat nav :)

all tested for connection to the right pin on the odb
cdc
WP_20150311_17_14_17_Pro.jpg

cid
WP_20150311_17_14_47_Pro.jpg

ncdr1100 no part number showing as its in safe mode or opcom's inability to pair it
WP_20150311_17_15_13_Pro.jpg

hopefully going to see pecky again tomorrow so will see if he can pair them up right

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Gosh, you have exactly the console I want.
I didn't get everything here. You made all this wiring thing just for the CD charger ?
Do you know if I only buy the NCDR 1... and the CID it will work straight away with no adapter ? It should I guess, no ?
Maybe there is a plug I didn't understand (coming from the car), I don't know.
On the car I have my screen is the MID currently..
Thanks in advance.
PS : Where did you get the console with the hole for the automatic A/C AND the space for the CID ?
the console was brand new from my local vauxhall parts supplier
the whole thread is me figuring out how to retrofit the ncdr1100 and cid but ive now added the right factory cd changer
after doing all the legwork to find out and then doing trial and error fit ments i found its actually real easy to make and adapter lead to fit the 26pin plug and convert it to the 36pin plug altho some of the tools i have used not many people have for depining plugs and then adding them to the right place but i guess you could cut and solder the wires just as easy
it was never going to be a thread based as a fitting guide thats why i went with the title ""Astra G NCDR 1100 and cid investigation"" as i knew nothing about the install when i started so the info here is my learning curve to make it all work lol
i hope the info here will help others understand how i started and got to the end with a working setup :)

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
something like this ? these are the connections to the different part
color coded
26pin to 36pin to cid and cdc3
i have spent about 2 hours with TIS doing this and i think ive found some i can add to my adapter
mindfuck.JPG

Last edited:

HarleyPete

Hope you are keeping a log of part numbers, wiring alterations etc. that you make for future reference mate. Nothing worse than buying a car (if you ever sell it of course) and finding that it's not standard with no clue to the mods. I'm sure you have of course.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Hope you are keeping a log of part numbers, wiring alterations etc. that you make for future reference mate. Nothing worse than buying a car (if you ever sell it of course) and finding that it's not standard with no clue to the mods. I'm sure you have of course.
all my work is logged on this forum i would only have to backtrack and find the relevent info
also i have no intention in selling the car its not worth anything as a whole
unless someone offered me a ridiculous high price for it :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
trip over to see pecky tonight have to say it pretty wizz in the way he sorts these things out
the cd changer was a b*****d to say the least but what he he did was tell the head unit there was no cd changer in the system
then he paired the head unit and the screen with the code he extracted from the screen then unpaired them

he then took the cd changer apart to extract the code from it but was unable to find a code in the hex in the file dump
the complex part was when he got a cdc3 dump file off the internet that had a code then took the info from my cdc3 file dump and placed it in to the file with a code and uploaded it to the cdc3
then it was just a case of unpairing the cdc3 and pairing all units as one

the system is all fully functional and paired up i even used the sat nav to get home :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
ive also got a 2nd unit of a friends i'm working on
i took it to pecky for screen code extraction and pairing but the head unit was past the point of no return with 0 codes remaining

luckily i had the pcb from that ncdr2013 from the scrappy so that went in
WP_20150312_23_04_07_Pro.jpg

unit stripped down
WP_20150312_23_15_27_Pro.jpg

replacement pcb in and cd unit installed
WP_20150312_23_22_59_Pro.jpg

all done
WP_20150312_23_25_23_Pro.jpg

this unit now has 10 remaining codes :)
WP_20150313_00_38_31_Pro.jpg

i hope pecky can pair it now :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
been playing spot the difference in making a 2nd TB cdc3 changer
ive got a ncdr2013 mobo and ncdc bored that are paired and now put the screen back into safe mode just had the damn thing unlocked lol
WP_20150315_16_01_37_Pro.jpg

had to extend the ribbon cable that links the head unit to the cdc3 all these old floppy drive cables came in handy
WP_20150315_15_04_27_Pro.jpg

heres the spot the diffrence 1 (rear side)
spotthediff.jpg

and heres spot the diffrence 2 (front side)
spotthediff2.jpg

and now my desk looks like this from making a loom to run the units from the bench so i can leave them with pecky to play with
WP_20150315_17_37_49_Pro.jpg