Resource icon

Interior Astra G dash removal how to guide

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
evocarlos submitted a new resource:

Astra G dash removal how to guide (version 1) - Astra G dash removal

ok so as it happens i need to remove the dash from my car to retro fit climate control
here's how i got on
tools
t20 torx screwdriver
Philips screwdriver
stiff plastic wedge for removing trim under hand brake and below ash tray
small allen key for head light switch
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_astra_20g_20dash_20removal_WP_000295.jpg

removing the headlight switch
i used a small allen key to remove the switch knob
pull out then insert the allen key and pull knob...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:

jwalker

Hi Pepi,

I changed the evaporator on my old vectra and there was no need to remove the dash. I removed the side of the centre console in the passenger footwell, and there was a cover that could be removed to allow access. You can buy a replacement cover that fits over the hole once you replace the evaporator.

Part #13 in this link suggests it might be the same for the astra, hope this helps

http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/part/1/8/111/2470/25412,25396/

Pepi000

Wow thanks jwalker that sounds better than pulling the whole dash out thanks,, but do i have to cut a hole in the heater box?.. if this helps i have a astra 2001

jwalker

Yes you have to make the hole, but it gets covered up again with the replacement panel.

I don't know the exact procedure for the astra, maybe it might be worth checking with someone who has a copy of TIS to know for sure

Gaz54

Hi Carlos

I know it's been a long time, but did you remove the whole dashboard?

I need to remove the whole dashboard from my MK4 Astra Van 1.7DTI, I think they're the same.

Can you help with any tips etc?

Cheers