astra coupe edition.

figo126

removed engine to find 16 bent valves ,most guides broke , cam follows rattling around in head ,cam guides in pieces cam chain loose and rubbing ? stripped sump full of cam guides oil pick up pipe full of cam guide, cleaned and removed all plastic silicone back on .opened up oil pump cleaned and refitted,

Attachments

only been 6 weeks since I fitted engine , only just got her going, pesky new hydraulic lifters was stopping her starting , got there in the end with plenty of head scratching and swearing , its amazing how many of my mates said I knew it was lifters ? after I changed them , mot this week on road for xmas , just got to change throttle pedal its throwing light on good job ive got a spare ??????????

with the weather being crap? decided to paint my spare rear axle ,calipers , back plates clips ,etc etc , set about axle with wire wheels on 5" grinder after a couple of hours got her finished , under coated hammerite grey , then attacked it with with funky green ?fitted stainlees brake hoses, wax oiled her Christmas eve got a flyer from work ,hopefully mot soon , just need another battery its died over xmas ???

Attachments